Liked: 20

Default Looking for a Timken bearing supplier recommendation

I'm looking for a recommendation for a reputable supplier of Timken bearings - I need to replace front wheel bearings on the racecar. I see I can get the bearings I need on Amazon, eBay, or 123bearing.com, but I want to make sure I don't get garbage bearings. Recommendations appreciated - thanks.

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 168

Motion Industries locally works for me. However, not cheapest or fastest anymore. Sure there are bearing houses in your local area...just not many stocking much anymore. You'll get quality/name brand stuff, may still be from India or China, as most have gone "off shore" for manufacturing anymore. Can cover most things, except those special items with snap ring grooves, radiused races, or super tight (aircraft) tolerances. + you'll have a local outfit to bitch to, face to face, if needed.

Edit.....found some of the stuff on my March and Tiga weren't common in US, rather were from UK applications, so that might be another consideration....

Bob L.

Liked: 309

We (Stohr Cars) sell a number of Timken bearings, and much of our recent stock is made in Japan to Timken's spec and have been very good quality. Timken also makes bearings in USA, Mexico and a number of other countries. They make more than 26,000 bearing sets, and if you buy bearing ABC they're all made in Timken's factory in country XYZ. That just the nature of global manufacturing. Buy the brand, not the country of manufacture.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 20

Thanks guys. I was wondering more if I need to be concerned with potentially getting counterfeit product if I just buy off Amazon, or some vendor I've never heard of. Hence the request for a reputable bearing vendor. Or maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily?

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 168

Quote Originally Posted by stownsen914 View Post
    Thanks guys. I was wondering more if I need to be concerned with potentially getting counterfeit product if I just buy off Amazon, or some vendor I've never heard of. Hence the request for a reputable bearing vendor. Or maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily?
    Right, can be an issue....used a "named" supplier.....like local/national brg. house or race shop/supplier. Have bought bogus fittings/fuel pumps/hardware and other items off net, in "name" packaging....tougher every year. Extra cost: buys one peace of mind.

Bob L.

Thread Information