Liked: 79

Default Front Trailer Jack Cordless Drill Adapter

Made one of these for my 20' enclosed cause I was tired of using the top mounted crank handle. It is made from 416 stainless steel and has all stainless hardware. Hex size is 3/4, thru bolt is 1/4" and hole size is 1/2". All you need to do is remove the existing top mounted crank handle, replace with this and use a cordless drill with a 3/4 socket to adjust the front jack foot height. Some crank thru bolts are slightly smaller than 1/4"(metric) and will have to be enlarged to use the included S.S. hardware...or you can use your existing bolt and nut.

I did a short run of these and now have them available for sale for 20 bucks with free shipping to continental U.S.

Send me a PM if interested, or send $20.00 via PayPal with shipping address to ejkorecky@yahoo.com

ej
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ejsprint30; 11.17.21 at 12:28 PM.

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

Very clever!!!!

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 605

How much tongue weight have you tried with it? It would seem to me there's a limit at which point there's just not enough torque depending on how heavy the nose is. but the idea is a great one.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

My trailer is a 20' enclosed car hauler with a 2012 F2000, and fully loaded with spares, generator, etc. Don't know what my actual tongue weight is. The cordless drill I use is a Ryobi on slow speed and it has no issues whatsoever. I would have to think the torque from a cordless drill is much higher than what is required to actuate the jack by hand with the crank. I have never tried a cordless impact.

When I load and unload, I like having the trailer at full tilt...front jack fully extended makes it much easier for front wing clearance, etc.
    I just got tired of all the manual cranking. My trailer is in warehouse storage, but I can try and make a video.

As a backup, I keep a socket on a breaker bar in my trailer nose box...compared to the small crank handles, this is much easier as well. As an alternative to the bolt and nut, you can use 1/4" safety pin that allows removal of the adapter...I think of it as an additional theft deterrent if the front jack is not easily operable.

ej

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Excellent reply, thank you. If you have the time to make the video I'm certain others would view it - but after such reply I don't think I need the video. And as to the theft deterrent thing....I do agree. I shall send you a PM about ordering two.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 33

I would be curious on seeing a video. Just knowing my ADHD self I would leave the tool at home or dead but I am curious.
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Below is a link to a demo video, or you can search ejsprint30 on you tube and it will be listed on my channel. As stated earlier, I store my 20' trailer inside my garage for the winter, so the video isn't the greatest. I keep my F2000 in my shop, but I do store one of my midgets in it. Hope this answers some questions.

ej

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKKwY_2fB3E

This is the quick release pin I was referring to above. This is something I can include (or not) probably for a few bucks more (need to research pricing first)

Ordered 2, the second for a friend who recently had his trailer stolen - so it's for his next one.

The F-250 and my now F-150 tailgates are different such that I could put my 250 down and miss the jack.....but the 150 will slam into the jack handle. I doubt that merely taking the handle off will solve the problem but a mounted hard foam piece mounted onto the adapter may at least let me put the tailgate down 90%
    Last edited by EYERACE; 11.18.21 at 1:43 PM.

Liked: 2

Default Trailer Jack Cordless Drill Adapter

EJ,

I just sent you an email ordering 2 of your trailer jack drill adapters. Nice work on the design.

Thanks,

Dave Bell

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Don't laugh to hard Stan... I have the same issue with the tail gate on my Ram so I put a boxing glove on the top of the front jack (obviously with crank handle removed) so my gate doesn't get destroyed when I'm unloading my truck.

ej

Contributing Member Ken Lawrence's Avatar
    Liked: 53

Default Adapter

Sent you a PayPal for one, looks neat

Thanks,

Kenneth

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Guess that means I'm more of a bare knuckles guy

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

Sent you $20
    Not sure if address will show for RLBork@gmail.com
    Kindly ship to:

Robert Bork
    201 MacArthur Drive
    Williamsville NY 14221

23. The following members LIKED this post:

On its way, thanks

ej

Appreciate all of the interest and orders...when you order via PayPal, please either put your address in the message line, or email it to me...thanks, and thanks Apex

ej

I have quick release safety pins available now. These are plated steel, and would be 2 bucks extra with the included stainless hardware.

Arrived promptly. They look great for what I understand it to do. Now I've got to find the time to install it..............if I'd just get off ApexSpeed !!

Still have these available

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by ejsprint30 View Post
    Still have these available

I will take one!

Great..pm, or PayPal with shipping address

thanks,

ej

Just a heads up...with the quick release pin and s.s. hardware, they are 22.00. Without the pin, 20.00

ej

My regular drill wasn't enough.....which maybe means I should calculate/figure/measure my tongue weight one of these days even though the trailer rides level behind the F150...... I needed one anyway........an impact wrench drill that is........and with all that torque the trailer adapter piece works great. Thanks again.
    Or on second thought even though I like to spray some WD40 down the screw on the trailer jack occasionally as well as keep a 5 gallon bucket turned upside down over the jack when the trailer is stored outside I must now question just how tough a turn the jack is

33. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Mark Walthew's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Eyerace I had the same issue with my tongue jack. It had gotten very hard to turn last year. I took it apart, cleaned it and regreased it. It works like new, well worth the time. I just got one of these adapters from ejsprint30 and it works great. Make sure your drill motor is on the low speed torque setting rather than high speeed drill setting.
    Last edited by Mark Walthew; 02.02.22 at 10:55 AM. Reason: spelling

35. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information