Liked: 804

Default iPhone vs. Android

Has anyone recently switched from iPhone to Android and regretted it?
    (After only 2 years, my iPhone battery seems to have barely half the life it had when new, like the previous two versions, thinking about giving up on the Apple koolaid, but don’t want to jump from the frying pan to the fire…)
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Liked: 296

I manage around 25 cell devices for the company I work for. I stopped keeping track like two or three years ago, but before that I kept track of phone lifetime by brand and model. This was over four years. Apple phones, while more expensive, tended to outlast Android phones by a large enough margin to pay for the price difference easily. The most bought Android running brand was Samsung. The Apple phones required less replacements and experienced far fewer tech support hours. Ultimately Apple phones were proven to be less expensive in just about every respect except for initial purchase price. In my experience with the current line of Apple and Android phones, there just isn't much difference if you need to make calls, send texts, and answer emails as far as operating system is concerned, but iOS remains less problematic for basic users.

I personally prefer Apple products, but I am by no means a hail corporate shill. I owe them nothing in the way of good reviews, but the data was pretty clear for us.
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 306

"my iPhone battery seems to have barely half the life it had when new"

I just updated to a new iPhone, having kept my first one for well over 5 years. The battery on the old one was holding a charge poorly a few years back and I took it to the apple store. They replaced the battery for less than a hundred and it was like new for quite a while.

If your battery life is the only problem, change batteries.

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 860

Quote Originally Posted by BLS View Post
    If your battery life is the only problem, change batteries.
    I definately agree with this. ^^ Few people switch and enjoy the differences right away. It may work better for you but maybe not, depending on any other things you're unhappy with.

That said, I've never had an iPhone so I'm not being helpful but I will say that my first real Smart phone was a Samsung Note 3, then got a Note 9 which is still doing well for me. I figured I will upgrade again when there is real 5G in the US.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Thread Information