Liked: 12

Hi guys,

I've recently fielded a couple of calls and e-mails inquiring about the arrival of the next issue of FormulaCar Magazine, so I figured I'd get pro-active and post an update.

The new issue of FCM is close to completion and will be printed this weekend. A planned production postponment to include the Runoffs in the issue was followed by an office disaster (flood) that kept pushing things back. It was ugly.

Things are pretty much back to normal now and we'll have Issue 5 in the mail next week and Issue 6 will go to the mailing house right before Christmas for a January delivery.

The 2005 editions will start with an April issue. I'm going to tighten them up to six weeks during the summer months to get more news out there and then we may increase to nine issues in 2005, if the demand is there.

Again, thanks for your patience. The new issue of FCM will be there right around Christmas!

Rob Howden
    Editor / Publisher
    FormulaCar Magazine
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Liked: 3

Rob,
    Glad to hear it.
    My brother and I look forward to each Issue.
    I hope your Magazine gets the kind of support it should from the "race cause we want to crowd"
    I always look foward to Coops column.
    Jeff and I have always enjoyed the thrill of kicking butt with less!

Liked: 79

Can we purchase at a Barnes & Noble?

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 910

Rob,

I sent you an email directly some time ago, but never got a reply. Is Formula Car sold anywhere on newstands etc.? I would like to read a copy before subscribing.

Thanks.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

John and Bob...

The costs of putting the magazine on the newsstand do not come close to balancing with the payback so I haven't focused on that type of distribution yet. Instead, we give away boxes of complimentary magazines at major car racers and karting events in an effort to reach the existing competitor base and new potential racers. By hitting the major events, the readers are already pre-qualfied as racing fans. It's been working well so far.

If you'd like to see the magazine, I'd be more than happy to send a sample issue to anyone who asks. Just drop me an e-mail:

rhowden@formulacarmag.com

Rob Howden
    FormulaCar Magazine
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Liked: 159

We all have different tastes and senses of value. That said, if the offer of a free trial issue was not available I would have strongly recomended subscribing. Risking the chance that someone might subscribe and not feel like they got their money's worth. It is a great mag. Content, quality and relevance to addicts of open wheel racing

Liked: 4

I've subscribed since the first issue. What I like are in particuliar is:

1. That it is exclusively formula cars, no tin tops.

2. Secondly, it acknowledges other fine clubs other then the SCCA. Clubs such as FRCCA & FPRO in the North East.

Keep up the good work...
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Has anyone gotten an issue since summer
    i have not, I miss it bigtime

Liked: 0

Not me. I subscribed back in September and havn't received anything.

GENTLEMEN Rob E-mailed today we will see new issue in next week or two
    I suggest we ALL support this great magazine
    We formula car racers have NEVER BEFORE recieved this kind of coverage!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Liked: 0

Hey guys-

Try to remember that the magazine is "bi-monthly" (6 issues a year) and due to the variance of racing schedules, you may go 60-75 days in between issues. We will sometimes spread some issues out longer and tighten up other issues at certain parts of the year just to have better coverage in-season.

This is something we did for 2 reasons. 1. The industry is not strong enough to help support a publication on it's own for 12 issues...YET, so we felt it wise to not flood the industry and businesses out there that we wanted to utilize the magazine as a promotional tool (since we cover that market specifically). 2. It was just too difficult to organize on our part right away.

After 2 successful years, we have built a good subscription base of hardcore competitors and enthusiasts as well as a very nice list of teams, organizations and businesses that get it to help pursuade them to look closer at our market to spend money, sponsorships, etc.

If you subscribed in Septemeber - you should see your first issue in the next few days - with complete RunOffs coverage.

Looking forward to everyone getting it soon!

Marc Miller
    "Luck is when Opportunity meets Preparation"
    RaceDriver/Driver Coach
    Motorsport Enterprises Racing - www.GoTeamMER.com
    Marc's Fan site: http://www.themarcmillershow.com <-- Click it!

Hello Gentlemen,

I have been receiving messages from FormulaCar subscribers who have finally the new issue (Runoffs 2004), so hopefully it is landing, or has already arrived, in all of your mailboxes. I will be completing the final issue of second volume in mid-Janaury and it should be out in early February. It will be the 2004 Photo Issue. I want to officially apologize for the lateness of the delivery of the final two issues but I can assure everyone that all of our subscribers will get a total of six issues from Volume 2. Thanks for your patience. I also want to thank our advertisers for their understanding during our office disaster.We are already focused on planning the schedule for the 2005 publishing schedule and I'm looking at introducing a number of new segments.

On behalf of everyone at FCM, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year!

Rob Howden
    Editor / Publsher
    FormulaCar Magazine
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Liked: 3787

Default arrived

My copy arrived in the swamp yesterday. If they keep up Runoffs coverage like that, I have even more incentive to go participate. Curtis or Marc may get a shot of Dave lapping me.

Liked: 11

Sold me on the mag for sure.

Thanks for reminding me to send in the form!

BTW- In what issue can we find your coverage of the ARRC?
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 3787

Default Next Issue

ARRC coverage will be in the next issue. I'm not sure they are going to publish the pictures of the cornerworkers restarting your stalled ride. That was one of the big stories of the race, right? Just think, in the next ARRC you'll just need a kick-starter.

Liked: 1

Got both my Formula Car mag and Super Kart (with Bowles on the cover winning the Super Nats! ) last night, the two page "photo hole" picture with Wade coming down into RAmer turn 5 locking up his LF with the rest of the Zetec field behind is just phenomenal! (good job Rob!) -Dave

Liked: 11

Well, yes....it was the big story for me!
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Thread Information