Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 20

Default Open Wheel Track Days @ Waterford Hills 7/16 & 8/14

One of my friends organizes track days and would like to include an open wheel group if he has enough interest to do it.

The organization is Trackilicious, this year he has track events at Gingerman and Waterford Hills with the two remaining Waterford Hills ones potentially open for us open wheel guys. This group would be open wheel only, a group entirely our own.

Dates:
    July 16
    August 14

Track Time:
    5 x 20 Minute Sessions

Cost:
    $190 (13 drivers minimum)

https://www.trackilicious.com/event-calendar

If you're interested in signing up, please PM me so I can get a list going.

If we have fewer than 13 drivers, we can still do our own group but the price will be higher per driver. If there isn't enough interest to do our own group, we can drive in the advanced group with the other road cars but that will be subject to the standard group number limit.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 254

I am interested and know half a dozen people who may also all be interested. I'll pass this along.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks 2BWise.

Anyone interested, please PM me your name and which dates you're interested in.

I'll talk with the organizer soon to let him know there's sufficient interest to start planning our own group.

Right now we have 6 people that have confirmed their interest. At that number it won't be feasible to have our own group, and would be too many to put us in with the closed wheel cars.

If you want to go, and haven't yet, please PM me, we need more people before we can make this happen.

After speaking with the organizer, it will not be viable to have our own session at the 7/16 date. So we will need to target the 8/14 date. This is disappointing, but will allow us to try to get more people in the meantime.

I'll send out PMs to everyone as well.

Liked: 0

I'm interested in the August date, assuming the border is opened up enough by then to cross easily.
    Francis Kennette
    Mygale F2000

I've put you down Francis.

Contributing Member Gary Godula's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Default Maybe I need to read ApexSpeed more often.

I had just put my Waterford gears in and was planning to register for the July date tonight. So much for that effort. Damn. I will try to make the August date.
    Gary Godula
    '88 Reynard FF88
    SCCA Club Racing / Solo #57 FF/CM

Just under a month before his next date, August 14. Please send me a PM if you want to attend, right now we only have 4 that are interested in this date and will need more to make it viable.

Please let me know as soon as possible so we can reserve the spots before non-open wheel cars do.

Gary, I've added you to the list.

When we confirm that we have enough people, I'll send everyone the info on how to register and pay the organization.

All,

We will not be having an open wheel session at the August 14 date. There was not enough interest.

Next year we'll try again.

New development. I was just speaking with the organizer and he realized he has more track time on the 14th which is a Saturday, than he does on Fridays, which are the normal days he runs.

With that in mind he's willing to give us our own session if we can get 5 people to sign up. The cost will be higher, $250, but we will get six 15 minute sessions, or could combine those into three 30 minute sessions.

I'll be reaching out to those who showed interest to confirm. If you'd like to do this, please PM me ASAP. The organizer wants to firm things up with a day or two.

Contributing Member Gary Godula's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Default In for Aug 14th Waterford Testing

In
    Gary Godula
    '88 Reynard FF88
    SCCA Club Racing / Solo #57 FF/CM

For anyone that would like to register, after some back and forth we will be proceeding with the open wheel group for the August 14 day.

You can register here, choose the open wheel session: https://trackilicious.motorsportreg....lls-otd-827963

The price is at $275 for 3 cars, which we currently have. If we have 5 the price will drop to $250, and as more sign up it will lower more to the original price of $195 if we have 9+ cars. Sign up now and the organizer will reimburse you if we have more people to lower the price.

To avoid a late fee, you must sign up by 8/7 at midnight.

Sorry for the short notice, been a lot of discussions with the organizer to make this worth with few cars.

Thanks to everyone that made it out today. We had 8 cars during an absolutely beautiful day.

It really was great being able to run in a group of only open wheels.

This was the last event for the organizer, but next year more dates with open wheel sessions will come.

Thread Information