Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 6

For Sale 1984 Van Diemen RF84 For sale

For sale is a 1984 Van Diemen RF84 roller which is setup for a Kent 1600 engine. This car has the upgraded SmallFortune racing rear suspension to greatly improve the handling. The car was competitive in the 2020 season winning both a race at New Jersey motorsports park and a race at Lime rock park with the FRCCA series.

It has a very good set of Carrera shocks (valved for this car), a Momo steering wheel and a fuel cell that was recently installed. It also includes a large aluminum radiator installed). The brakes work perfectly (with bias adjuster) and have Hawk blue pads installed (%65-%75 life remaining). It also has a new hydraulic release bearing as well as a brand new throttle cable along with a new fuel filter installed. Many new suspension joints (hiem joints) have been installed just a few months ago as well as new bearings on the upper rear spindles so the suspension is in excellent condition. All oil lines, the sump reservoir and the oil cooler and Hi-Tech exhaust will be included with the car. It will also include a removable Super Trapp muffler to be used at tracks where the car exceeds noise limits.

The car does have a fire system (gauge reads that it is charged). I have set the car up for road racing however it can easily be switched to an autocross setup. The car will include a few spares and I do have a few other sets of wheels that can be included for the right price or for additional cost as well as some almost new Hoosier R60 bias tires.

The car was completely rebuilt in 2016 and updated in 2020. The gearbox had a new ring and pinion (9:31) installed by Bruce Domeck after the 2019 season. The car will include the following gearsets: 1st 19/32, 2nd Gear - 22/30, 3rd Gear - 24/28, 4th Gear - 25/25 (all gears are in excellent condition). I do have a few other sets that will be sold separately. I also have a set of Sabelts that don't expire until 2025 that I can include for the right price. Alignment specs that the car was set with during its success will also be included with the car. Both the seat and the pedals have many adjustments allowing the car to fit anyone from very short to relatively tall. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Included spares:
    • spare rear toe adjuster bar
    • new spare CV
    • spare master cylinder
    • Mint OEM clutch set (friction disc and pressure plate)
    • spare brake rotors
    • spare fuel filter
    • spare antiroll bars
    • An additional set of springs
    • Adjustable fox shocks (very high end but could use a rebuild)
    • various bearings
    • used fuel pump
    • used hydraulic release bearing
    • rear suspension backing plate
    • Original air intake
    • used rear suspension spindles
    • extra gearbox oil
    • several bolts and other small parts
    • hawk black pads
    • a good battery

Asking price: SOLD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Michael Bulzacchelli; 08.15.21 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Sold

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 902

Nice looking car. I am not a buyer, but this seems reasonably priced to me. I would suggest body-off pics, which would show your handiwork in terms of how the car has been prepped, frame/floor condition and the trick rear suspension mods that many of us will not be familiar with. Info on the gearbox (when last rebuilt, by who, CWP condition, etc) would perhaps give potential buyer some comfort and help get this sold for you.

GLWTS

BT

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by billtebbutt View Post
    Nice looking car. I am not a buyer, but this seems reasonably priced to me. I would suggest body-off pics, which would show your handiwork in terms of how the car has been prepped, frame/floor condition and the trick rear suspension mods that many of us will not be familiar with. Info on the gearbox (when last rebuilt, by who, CWP condition, etc) would perhaps give potential buyer some comfort and help get this sold for you.

GLWTS

BT
    Thank you, I have updated the add but will get some pictures of the car with the body removed when I get a chance. If anyone would like pictures of something specific I can get those for them as well.

Default Price reduction

The lowered price is 7,250. Thank you for your interest.

Default Lowered asking price

Hi, I'm lowering the price to $6,950. Please reach out with any questions.

Default Another price cut

Hi, I'm lowering the price to $6,250. Again please reach out with any questions.

Liked: 7

Default still for sale?

What size driver will the cockpit accomadate? I am 6'2 and 220#.
    Very interested.
    Johhny Reisert

Quote Originally Posted by reisertracing View Post
    What size driver will the cockpit accomadate? I am 6'2 and 220#.
    Very interested.
    You should be able to fit in the car. The previous owner to me was similar in height. The cockpit (body work) has actually been slightly modified to give more arm/ shoulder room.

Liked: 1

Default 84 Van Diemen

As the previous owner, I am 6' tall, 210 lb, and fit easily, even with my three layer driving suit. There was still room to move the seat rearward. I suspect you should fit OK.

Liked: 80

Quote Originally Posted by raisin racin' View Post
    As the previous owner, I am 6' tall, 210 lb, and fit easily, even with my three layer driving suit. There was still room to move the seat rearward. I suspect you should fit OK.
    And depending on where the pedal box is located you can move it back 2 more inches.

Ben

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Price reduction

Lowering the price again, hoping to get the car sold this summer. The new price is $5,900. Let me know if you have any questions about the car.

Liked: 0

Default ff

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bulzacchelli View Post
    Lowering the price again, hoping to get the car sold this summer. The new price is $5,900. Let me know if you have any questions about the car.
    Mike could you send me pics with the body off Thx Brian Elliott belliott52@gmail.com 937 304

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bulzacchelli View Post
    I am new to the FF1600 class/series. We are Interested to Know if it is Possible to Retrofit a New Honda Powerplant in this car? What Transmission is in car? Would that have to be swapped out also? Would like to have more discussion if you can let me know best way to contact you. Josh Reed - joshuajreed@gmail.com 337-852-8663

Liked: 183

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajreed View Post
    I am new to the FF1600 class/series. We are Interested to Know if it is Possible to Retrofit a New Honda Powerplant in this car? What Transmission is in car? Would that have to be swapped out also? Would like to have more discussion if you can let me know best way to contact you. Josh Reed - joshuajreed@gmail.com 337-852-8663
    it is certainly possible, but consider that the cost of the engine install will be several times the value of the car.

It would also be really interesting because you would have the only honda powered RF84 in the world <-- said with Jerme clarkson accent

18. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default Another price drop

I'm lowering the price again to 5,600. Thank you for your interest.

Liked: 295

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw52 View Post
    it is certainly possible, but consider that the cost of the engine install will be several times the value of the car.

It would also be really interesting because you would have the only honda powered RF84 in the world <-- said with Jerme clarkson accent
    I disagree that the engine would cost three times the value of the car with an engine. I think you could put in the honda and have a very reliable car and not be too upside down on it if you can work on it. The engine might cost three times the value of the engineless car.

Default Car is sold

Thank you Apexspeed! The car has found a new home.

22. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information