Liked: 130

Default Great time at Thompson with the FFCS........

I like Thompson now even more than I did the last time, which was my first time. In the past, we've all used the term "pitch and pray" when we are driving at that upper limit. For Thompson, for me I've changed it to "pitch and play".

I pinched these photos from Bill Stoler's site, he has many more, please visit: https://billstoler.com/#/gallery/202...e-offer-2ab07/

My own personal struggles were limited to a failed battery when I arrived Saturday morning. A spare was graciously given to me by Marty Handshy so I could continue racing. Others were not so lucky. As Steve Hyatt pointed out, we are our own worst enemy. I would say 95% of the retirements were due to mechanical failure. I would say 99% of the black flag sessions were due to the same, someone's car failing. People really have to take their car preparation a lot more seriously.

Everyone was driving really well with everyone improving their times pretty much every time out. We had so much track time on Thursday, I had to skip the final one because I was just too "knackered" as Tivvy would say.

Great fun racing was had by all with many lead changes sometimes within the same lap from turn to turn, huge fun.

The racing was close with hard fought for positions, closely guarded.

In the end, my better half Su and my sister Leigh got all the awards and all the other supporter gifts down to the infield of the circle track where Bill Stoler photographed the fun.

Glenn Brooks drove an excellent race all weekend with never a wheel off, improving lap times and perfect text book safe passes earning him the Field Champion award. His excellent driving also got him first place in Club Ford in the Feature FFCS race. A wreath, a checkered flag and a bottle of champagne, what's not to love.

Next year, we're promised just as much track time with just as much fun with the added bonus of a first ever "Formula Ford Night Race" under the lights. I already have the logo designed.

Thompson offered me not only my own personal best lap time but also my personal best start. From 5th to 1st in turn one. It was suggested by someone that I had jumped the start, .....CLEARLY......that is not the case as can be seen in the link below. Sadly this glorious lead was to come to an end with a black flag all. I gave the flagger my best WTF wave back at him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNJLWmMM-IA

You really ought to think about coming out and enjoying the good times with us at PittRace on July 15-18.
    Last edited by Allan31; 06.15.21 at 12:34 AM.
    Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery...

Thread Information