The Formula Fords now have two very successful races under our belts with VIR and the J500 in the record books.

At both VIR and the J500, the FFCS races were the cleanest with the least incidents of ANY group at both tracks. Let's all re-commit ourselves to continuing this behavior. Let's look out for each other and continue not doing the things that we all know result in session ending with black and yellow flags.

Let's keep the streak going with a great event coming up at Thompson in June. ( Friday, Jun 11 — Saturday, Jun 12, 2021 )

I had never driven the circuit until 2018. I can't think of another track more suited for Fords than Thompson. Lot's of twisty turny corners with fun slides but not at high speeds just makes for great, fun drives.

The track owners have always been very supportive in trying to grow this event and it's reflected in the drivers lounge they set up each year for us. Getting a little overheated? Go over and relax in the a/c in the drivers lounge and enjoy some of the complimentary snacks and drinks.

Thompson also has a large paddock space, so anyone, with any size rig will easily find a parking spot that will work for them whether they prefer grass or pavement. There are garages at Thompson too, but they are very much in demand and in short supply. They are big enough that two FFs can share one bay which makes them a bargain compared to rentals at other venues.

And speaking of bargains, Thompson is also offering a test day on Thursday for half of what tracks like PittRace and Lime Rock charge before their events. You'll have to book this directly with the track, but the info for that is on Motorsportsreg.

More low key, easy, fun and not overcrowded. The open test day is on Thursday before the event itself, which runs Friday and Saturday. After Saturday, you get to go home early and still have Sunday available for family plans.

Who has more fun than us? (Nobody I know...)