Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 111

Default Blasting cabinet, and local powder coating/hot coating

All,

Does anyone know of a local company who does powder coating? (In the Milwaukee/Madison area)

Does anyone know of a local company who does hot coating in the local area?

And one last thing. I acquired a new blast cabinet (An inexpensive one from harbor freight). This is a bolt together model, which has a lot of seams sealed with the foam tape. I was going to use either duct tape (The aluminum type) to seal the seams or silicone. Is this a bad idea?

Any suggestions on use? Where to get media (I was planning on using glass beads - good for aluminum not to harsh for cleaning up suspension? It recommends 12 cfm to run, my compressor is 10 cfm. I am going to attempt to use my existing compressor will this work?

Any other suggestions on the above items? Please let me know!
    thanks!

Courtney "corky" Jahn

Contributing Member Bob Ramberg's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Eastwood caries an assortment of different blast meadia. They have a website and put out a catalog
    Bob Ramberg
    Z10C

Liked: 10

Corky, we use Pro-tec Powder Coating. He does great work and is very reasonable. He went to school with Doug. Located in the west suburbs of Chicago. Tell him you saw his name on the forum. Dale
    http://www.propowder.com/
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Dale,

You need to help you powder coating friend with his web site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Liked: 11

Corky,
    "Classic Coatings" up in Sheboygan can help you with the powder coating. Grainger should have the media blasting material. Hwy 164 about a mile or so north of I-94.

Bob

Liked: 447

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Boggs
    Dale,

You need to help you powder coating friend with his web site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curtis
    LOL! It looks like it was designed around Internet Explorer so anyone else is going to get a funky looking site.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 4

Default powder/jet coating

Motorsport Powdercoating in Burlington, Wi can do any color and also does header coatings. Found him to be very reasonable, good quality and fast turn around.
    phone: (262)757-0570
    -andy

Liked: 3

Corky, let me know when you're up and running with the blasting cabinet... because... er, we haven't bench-raced in quite a while, yeah, that's it!

I'd bet you could get a free supply of a variety of blasting media by inviting a few friends to use the new cabinet -- BYOS (Bring Your Own Sand ) !

Eastwood has pretty good explanations in their catalog on the uses of each media type, from silicon carbide to walnut shells.

There is a powder coating company in Madison right down the road from Pete Wood's shop. I don't recall the name, but I think he had some work done there.

Liked: 13

Default Blast media source in SE Wisconsin

Call Steve Gamm 262-424-2225(cell phone), Gamm Industries in Richfield. Steve is an ex-racer and has been building and selling his own Blast cabinets for many years. He has every type of blast media you could need. He supplies Elite Engines in West Bend with their blasting supplies. I am sure he could ship to other parts of the racing world as well.

I have also used Classic Coatings in Sheboygan(a few years ago). Not cheap, but real quality work.

Thread Information