Thread: Helmet Speakers

Liked: 120

Default Helmet Speakers

I'm looking for some helmet advice.

I have tried a Stilo and I really like the ear cup speakers but the visor operation is a PITA although I see on the newer Stilo's it appears that they moved the release to the center of the visor?

With the formula model, my eyeglasses simply don't fit and the Stilo also tends to lift up uncomfortably at speed in an open wheel car.

In years past I started with a Simpson Bandit and then moved to a VUDO which I used for many years. Both did everything right and fit my head very comfortably, but I have always hated wearing the uncomfortable radio earbuds that restrict ambient noises as well and I'm looking for an alternative.

It appears on Simpson's website that they no longer make the VUDO and it also appears that they are now offering some sort of ear cups and speakers for their new helmets but you have to order a helmet and have them factory installed?

They also no longer show much anymore in the way of online pictures of their products but it looks like the wire end simply hangs down unlike the Stilo where the radio cable end is drilled through and affixed to the helmet.

Has anyone tried the Simpson combination or another helmet with ear cup speaker system that they like?

Liked: 530

I added the Indy car aero accessories to my Stilo and it worked great. The new visor latch in the center is superb. I'm sticking with Stilo for my 2020 purchase. Love the integrated comms.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 102

Simpson bought Stilo, so I would assume their ear cup setup is very similar if not the same.

Thread Information