Liked: 804

Default mystery gooseneck ball

Anyone recognize the brand and model of this ball?
    (Photo only, haven't seen it in person yet to know if it has been installed over the bedliner!)

thx
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Liked: 79

I have one of those on my truck. It moves the trailer back 4" and is very helpful if you are towing a gooseneck trailer with a short bed pickup. I have used it for about 4 years now.

https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/pro...all-4-extender

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by B Reid View Post
    I have one of those on my truck. It moves the trailer back 4" and is very helpful if you are towing a gooseneck trailer with a short bed pickup. I have used it for about 4 years now.

https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/pro...all-4-extender
    Thanks ! Interesting idea. Now that I see what it is, I'm concerned that the gooseneck weight rides on the flexible bedliner in the photo of the truck I attached.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Should be welded or bolted to the cross frame. Should not be resting on bedliner.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    Should be welded or bolted to the cross frame. Should not be resting on bedliner.
    The BW hitch link in post #2 shows a post that drops down into the truck bed receiver (as is typical, like the ball mount in my current truck).
    That said, the ball 'shoulder' that takes the gooseneck weight should rest on the reinforced truck bed deck. This one looks like it rests on the plastic. May be an illusion. In the end it doesn't matter, the truck in question was sold before I got to see it. Thx for the info.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA

Liked: 79

The ball shoulder rides above the bedliner and doesn't rest on anything. It pops in and out of the main hitch mechanism which is under the truck bed bolted to the chassis of the truck when you pull the locking pin. That extender thing is extremely robust, and is very heavy.

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default B&W Turnover Hitch

The B&W gooseneck hitch is what you have and what you want. Each frame bracket is designed for the individual vehicle. You also have a setback ball which is another nice option. The lever to take the ball out is inside the left wheel well.

I have had two pickups setup this way and love it. I do not know of anything better quality than that and would certainly put one in again.

FWIW

JM
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Thread Information