Liked: 855

Default Jim Averett - FV, SRF and FC, then steward

The world lost a great guy in Jim Averett on Nov. 6 in a crash in his Bonanza.
    He will be missed. More details can be found at
    http://formulavee.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5857

Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Liked: 202

VERY sorry to hear that. Didn't know him as a racer but he was an exceptional steward (and person).
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

3. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Liked: 58

I knew Jim as a racer, a Steward, a flyer and a golfing buddy. He was quite good at all of them.

To say he will be missed is a great understatement. RIP my friend.

Jack Marr

Liked: 99

Default Jim Averett

Jim was truly a great man and a good friend. He was the best Steward in SCCA in my opinion because he was a racer and had the experience and temperament needed to do do what was necessary but always fair. He will be missed by all who have had the experience of his company and his dedication to every thing he did. R.I.P. my friend.

Liked: 0

So sorry to hear this news. Jim sold me his Lynx B in 1982 when he upgraded to the Vista. He was always so upbeat and helpful at the races. RIP.

Thread Information