Fallen Friend
    Liked: 19

Default WANT TO BUY - looking for a good used Lola T440 fuel cell

WTB -

Hey racers, need a good cell for my Lola T440. Anyone have a spare they might want to part with? Or a recommendation for a new one that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg?

Thanks,

Lee

Contributing Member
    Liked: 3

Default Cell

Hi Lee ,
    if you have the old cell , I can highly recommend you talk to the folks at Pyrotect in Oregon. They’ll reuse the hardware and build a new one taking the measurements off the old one . Even shipping mine to them from Canada saved $$ on a new cell . Awesome service !
    Last edited by flattop414; 12.27.20 at 4:41 PM.

Fallen Friend

Default Good info

How long did it take?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 3

It was pretty quick , but already a couple years ago ( memory not that great , lol ) . Definitely worth you giving them a call tomorrow.

Fallen Friend

Default Anyone get a t440 cell made lately?

I am thinking if someone got one built lately maybe the company could do one from your measurements.

Let me know.

Liked: 54

Hi Lee
    I met Jamie Matias from Pyrotect (800-669-2355) at the PRI show last year and inquired about a wedge shaped cell for my Cossle 30F. She was familiar with Formula Fords and said they had a drawing on file for my application. Reasonably priced, great quality and delivered in a few weeks. She said if they made one in the past for other FF applications, they would have the drawing and dimensions on file.
    Cheers,
    Dan

Liked: 160

Hi Lee,

What fuel cell(s) do you have now? Do you have the original side cells? Are they repairable? You may be able to have new foam installed and have them re-coated. Jim Baxter at Eagle (715-479-1513) may be able to help you with this but this is their busy season so it may take some time (4-6 weeks). The cost to repair two side cells may also be the same (or more) then a new stock wedge cell.

I have a set of old Marston side cells that may fit in a T440 if you are interested but they would need new foam and re-coating. PM me with your measurements if interested.

If you want to install a wedge cell, the cheapest and fastest would be to purchase a stock one. These are typically about half what a new custom cell would cost. You can find the various sized on line. Stay with a cell that holds 5 plus gallons of fuel. Some hold less and will not be enough. Fuelafe and ATL both have stock products that may meet your needs. There are a number of suppliers who carry them with some in stock.

If you can't find a stock cell that fits and need a custom cell, I also recommend Pyrotect. Eagle also makes new fuel cells but they are not as user friendly and cost about 15-20% more. Mark at Pyrotect will work with you to build one that fits. He is very helpful. I am working with him now to build three wedge cells for my current projects. The cost should be approx. $1250 for a custom wedge cell from Pyrotect to your specs.

Cheers, Joe

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Fallen Friend

Default Solution found

Hi all,

thanks so much for the input. I have decided to go with a wedge cell and eliminate the side cell that is now in the car. Time to rearrange things!

Lee

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information