Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 58

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    All I know is that in my 35 years of racing participation, and several hundred events, I will guess that 7 of the 10 worst officiated events were SCCA events at Road Atlanta. I think the wings and things FCC routine would be half of those. Considering that I have only attended about 20 Scca events there, that is not a good rating. It is my favorite track. I love the town and local people, and keep coming back, but I know racers will get screwed and I hope it’s not my guys. One of my funniest racing stories was a split start attempt at the ARRC about 12 years ago. I have absolutely no malice toward them. I just wish they would do a better job!
    I have been going to RA for a number of years and know most of the Stewards in that area. As I said, some are better than others. Same holds true anywhere you go.

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Official reply

I emailed the chief steward and he went back and checked the log.
    Turn 1 reported driver spun into tire wall, send rescue, one minute later, control called for full course caution and turn 1 reported driver out and safe. One minute later go green. He remembers hearing the pace car stand up and pretty quick standing the pace car down. He also said by the GCR the process was correct. I have since asked him if the green should have been displayed at s/f but don’t have an answer yet. All these actions took place within a span from 11:14 to 11:16.

So I guess like I previously stated lesson learned is to watch the flag stations and if there is no yellow flag displayed the race is on. Pretty confusing after all their harping on slowing down to a safe speed at a yellow flag.

But like one of my early mentors from kart racing used to harp on “in order to finish first, you must first finish”. The late Bob Thompson, racing with the RAT.

John

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 307

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    There was no safety car. Therefore how a race is restarted when a safety car is utilized is irrelevant. No idea if that wording has been changed recently or years ago, but the rule you're partially quoting is no longer on page 55, it's on page 59 of the latest edition.
    If FCY is displayed at S/F for any driver - it should be there for ALL drivers.

If the FCY is taken down at S/F - it should be replaced with the Green or Checker, as necessary.

S/F is a flag station that has special significance.

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 278

Quote Originally Posted by Zonker View Post
    There is also no requirement for the entire field to be bunched up in line astern of the leader before a restart.
    ^This.

There are almost always drivers on track who just aren't ever a part of the race. No amount of rules changes will correct this. They're the same ones who refuse to close with the car in front of them on a FCY. They'll get the message when the leaders blow past to lap them again.
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information