Liked: 10

Default Uncommon Chassis' in FA

I've been following the FA class for a while now since I have been building a partially custom car for entry hopefully next year. It got me wondering, with all the Swift and Ralt chassis' running around, are there any oddities out there running? Maybe cars that weren't meant for FA or fall outside of the spec table. The rules seem to have loosened over the years in order to grow the run group.

Liked: 530

Pfm

Liked: 101

Quote Originally Posted by bcvinar View Post
    I've been following the FA class for a while now since I have been building a partially custom car for entry hopefully next year. It got me wondering, with all the Swift and Ralt chassis' running around, are there any oddities out there running? Maybe cars that weren't meant for FA or fall outside of the spec table. The rules seem to have loosened over the years in order to grow the run group.
    F3...F4..... 016....F1000... PFM... 014/Mazda

Thanks for the comments guys. I was aware of such cars in FA being homologated from other groups. What I was wondering more about was if any custom built cars or cars with engines outside of the spec table ever make appearances.

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by bcvinar View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys. I was aware of such cars in FA being homologated from other groups. What I was wondering more about was if any custom built cars or cars with engines outside of the spec table ever make appearances.
    What do you mean by this? FA Tables 1 & 2 cover nearly all rotary, 2-stroke and 4-cyl engines, so it's hard to envision an FA engine "outside" that spec. Or do you mean turbo engines, V8s, etc.? Those run in FS, not FA.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

As Stan mentioned, the spec tables for engines are those allowed in FA. An engine not on the table isn't allowed.

As for chassis, it's not feasible for most individuals to produce a competitive FA chassis to rival the 016. A tube-frame chassis isn't going to be able to compete with an 016, given the same power and the aerodynamic limitations.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Clayton View Post
    What do you mean by this? FA Tables 1 & 2 cover nearly all rotary, 2-stroke and 4-cyl engines, so it's hard to envision an FA engine "outside" that spec. Or do you mean turbo engines, V8s, etc.? Those run in FS, not FA.
    Stan... did you miss the current F3/turbo Honda runs in FA ??? ????

Quote Originally Posted by bill gillespie View Post
    Stan... did you miss the current F3/turbo Honda runs in FA ??? ????
    No, because bcvinar specifically asked about engine "outside" the tables.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Clayton View Post
    No, because bcvinar specifically asked about engine "outside" the tables.
    Your specific answer was turbos and V8’s run in FS... good thing neither of us are lawyers .. lol ‘

Both of us have more sense than that...
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Damn so it sounds like I may be pushed into FS which I was hoping wouldn’t be the case. Not really the competitive class I was looking for. My car is tubular and has a turbo VW air cooled motor, venturi’s, wings. Power/weight very similar to current FB cars...

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1124

Sounds like an interesting engine... Then again, know that my location at left is a permanent affliction.

Does TheSamba know about this?

Or Marco Mansi in New Jersey? A worthy conversation there for you, he’s been creating turbo race VW ACs for some time and I think he gets like 500 hp in drag race trim... obviously short-lifers, but — and he’s a good guy.

Good Luck, hope to see you at the Runoffs next year.

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    Sounds like an interesting engine... Then again, know that my location at left is a permanent affliction.

Does TheSamba know about this?

Or Marco Mansi in New Jersey? A worthy conversation there for you, he’s been creating turbo race VW ACs for some time and I think he gets like 500 hp in drag race trim... obviously short-lifers, but — and he’s a good guy.

Good Luck, hope to see you at the Runoffs next year.
    The project has been mostly low-key. I haven’t spread word around too much about it. I think once it’s done I’ll have to let the guys over at Samba know about it. Wouldn’t hurt to put up a few pics here as well. Hopefully I can be classed with it. Maybe I’ll see you at the runoffs, after all that is the goal!

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information