Liked: 301

Default FV-25 Road America 1988

FV25...Road America...1988
    Can you identify the cars and/or drivers?
    Some are pretty easy/obvious.
    But chime in anyways.
    Always nice to hear from anyone/everyone.
    Glenn

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

...more...

4. The following 6 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 18

Default 25 Black Srar Cars S T ONE

I owned and drove that car.... STAR CARS ST ONE.

Frank Vella

6. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Liked: 852

This was the 25th year of Formula Vee Birthday party - the first b'day party I know of.
    I can identify a few of them ...
    #53 - Mike Vrchota - I think that's a Caracal C with elite bodywork.
    #74 - Mark Edwards - Glamdring (2nd place Runoffs 1989 behind Bill Noble) I THINK that's Mark leaning against the trailer and that's Ron Chuck sitting in the chair next to the door).
    #80 - Stevan Davis - Racer's Wedge (1987 Runoffs Winner).
    #33 - George Fizell - Caracal D - (1986 Runoffs Winner and 3 other years) George in car and wife Sandy standing holding his helmet.
    #86 - 'Handsome' Dave Smith - Citation (this car was NEVER seen 'dirty' - always IMMACULATELY CLEAN.
    #1 - Butch Deer - Formcar. DRE was the ONLY FV parts dealer at the time .. at least on the east coast - run by Butch and Ron Rutenberg. Ron ran a race in a Formula Vee EVERY YEAR FOR FIFTY YEARS before his driving retirement in 2018!

There are others that I can ALMOST identify, but I'll leave that for others to fill in. While looking to see if I could find RESULTS for this event (I didn't) - was trying to figure out if winner Black Car #0 was Bill Noble or not .. should've been 00 if it was him .. and it probably was. At any rate.. I ran across this link on the SCCA website.

https://www.scca.com/articles/201362...he-older-stuff
    It is a series of links to old videos on youtube and the like . mostly from RUNOFFS. I found 1989 and 1992 and there are others if you want to check them out. There is also a link to another set of videos at that same link.

Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

8. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    This was the 25th year of Formula Vee Birthday party - the first b'day party I know of.
    I can identify a few of them ...
    #53 - Mike Vrchota - I think that's a Caracal C with elite bodywork.
    #74 - Mark Edwards - Glamdring (2nd place Runoffs 1989 behind Bill Noble) I THINK that's Mark leaning against the trailer and that's Ron Chuck sitting in the chair next to the door).
    #80 - Stevan Davis - Racer's Wedge (1987 Runoffs Winner).
    #33 - George Fizell - Caracal D - (1986 Runoffs Winner and 3 other years) George in car and wife Sandy standing holding his helmet.
    #86 - 'Handsome' Dave Smith - Citation (this car was NEVER seen 'dirty' - always IMMACULATELY CLEAN.
    #1 - Butch Deer - Formcar. DRE was the ONLY FV parts dealer at the time .. at least on the east coast - run by Butch and Ron Rutenberg. Ron ran a race in a Formula Vee EVERY YEAR FOR FIFTY YEARS before his driving retirement in 2018!

There are others that I can ALMOST identify, but I'll leave that for others to fill in. While looking to see if I could find RESULTS for this event (I didn't) - was trying to figure out if winner Black Car #0 was Bill Noble or not .. should've been 00 if it was him .. and it probably was. At any rate.. I ran across this link on the SCCA website.

https://www.scca.com/articles/201362...he-older-stuff
    It is a series of links to old videos on youtube and the like . mostly from RUNOFFS. I found 1989 and 1992 and there are others if you want to check them out. There is also a link to another set of videos at that same link.

Steve, FV80
    Yes, this was the 25th in 1988, but...
    • It was the SECOND birthday party - there was the 20th in 1983.
    • Vrchota's Elite #53 was a perfect Caracal-C copy that he made himself.
    • George Fizell won the runoffs in '83 & '84 with a Z-12, then '86 & '88 with that D-car.
    • Dave Smith's "beauty" was a Predator...he was the midwest Predator dealer.
    • Actually...Butch Deer was the DRE driver...Ron Ruttenburg was the wrench.
    • The black Caracal-D #0 was indeed bill Noble. (there may have been a number conflict due to 140+ entries)
    • The overall Brundage Cup winner of the event was Eric Tremayne in his Stiletto.

Glenn

p.s. Who's that 'Steven Davis' guy?

Thread Information