Classifieds Super License John Green's Avatar
    Liked: 105

Default Mid 90's VD front wings

The front wings on my Reynard are the size of picnic tables. In fact I may convert them for just such a purpose. In their place I would like to adapt the front wings from a mid 90's Van Dieman or similar. Anyone have a set that would like a new home?

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

I'd talk to Keith Averill before making any decisions.

He's the go to guy on older car aero.

http://www.racing-stuff.com/custom.htm#Aluminum

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 225

Default Wings

I changed my front wings on my VD RF94 to very similar to what you have and had better front grip than with the OE design. A conversation with Averill is what convinced me...

Liked: 121

Take a look at the front wings on Dave W.'s car.

Classifieds Super License John Green's Avatar
    Liked: 105

Thanks for the info....something to consider. If I ever drive this thing it will be an autoX car and I figured smaller wings would mow over fewer pylons.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1498

Rules say it has to have wings right? Make some vestigial "Daytona" wings out of crashed ones - maybe 3" wide or so,and just run the bottom "wing" in the back.

For autocross I'd think you would need a sprint car wing to make any decent downforce at low speeds.

Liked: 611

Default Frt. wings

Quote Originally Posted by John Green View Post
    Thanks for the info....something to consider. If I ever drive this thing it will be an autoX car and I figured smaller wings would mow over fewer pylons.
    The front track is wider then any legal front wings for that class. If the wings just barely cleared (pylons), the wheels would take care of them.
    I would think you would want some front wing action to turn in for Auto-X ? Tiny little ones sure won't do it.

Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Thread Information