Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

Got the Raven out on track at Thunderhill (dbl nat'l) for the first time this weekend... WOW!

I am so glad I moved to FA from "Formula Panzer". The FA is everything my last car wasn't.

Stan Clayton and Mark Ishikawa were godsends - Stan helped me "trust the force" and Mark supplied me with a muffler that wouldn't get me DQ'd (like I was on Saturday). I owe them both big time.

What a blast and what a great bunch of guys. I enjoyed meeting Randy Cook (who won on Sunday) and several others. The racing was clean and fun, and I learned a great deal.

Thanks also to SFR for being understanding and helpful when it counted.

Cheers,

tim

Liked: 0

Tim, got a picture of the car with the NoTG sticker on the roll hoop? I'm sure the folks on the ChampCarFanatics Forums would love to see 'em. It was nice meeting you, and unlike some, you didn't thank me by filling my corner with fresh 4AGE oil

Hope to see you back in SFR again soon!

Travis
    Travis Mason-Bushman
    Pacific F2000 Championship Media Relations
    travis@gpsports-eng.com - (510) 260-6224

Liked: 309

Tim,

We are always glad to help another guy get started in Atlantics. They can be a bit intimidating, but you and your team more than rose rose to the challenge - congrats on your 1:49!

I must admit that the first few sessions I wondered if you had it in you. Tip toeing through the corners and blasting down the straights does not an Atlantic pilot make. Man, those 2:10's had me worried...

I was beginning to think you might give up and return to "Formula Panzer" when all of a sudden I saw the 2:02's...and then you dipped into the 1:50's. Then the 1:49's on Sunday. Woo hoo!

Way to go, Tim!
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

Thanks Stan! Only 11 more seconds to go!

Next time I'll try running with a functioning tach. I didn't even realize I was probably 2000 rpm away from the limiter till my crew told me to run it up til it coughed. Whole lot more power at 9000+ than 7000. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Travis: Great idea about the NoTG picture... I'll try to find one.

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Hi Tim. I was working with Stan and Mark. It was good to see a Raven again. With Randy Cook winning on Sunday with his Reynard and your Raven and Blackwell in his Argo we had 5 different brands in the first 6 places. I'll bet that hasn't happened in FA in a while. Hope to see you down this way again. Darrell

Thread Information