Liked: 447

Default Corona Cup Event #3 - 4/14/2020 USF2000 2017 @ Barber Park

Sooooo given the fact that the first few events were only 2 or 3 cars and now we've gained quite a bit of momentum in attendance, I'm resetting the schedule to start with the first event that really had people racing which was the Mosport event. Last night, we had 10 cars racing with the top 5 qualifying with a second of eachother! For the actual race, the name of the game was consistency. Due to a track that was degrading quickly, it became quite greasy and only those who screwed up the least were able to pull away. James Bergeron walked away with huge gap on the rest of the field all due to running good times and keeping it on the tarmac the most! We hope to repeat that level of competition with the next event at the recently revised Barber Motorsports Park. From what I've been told by a sim racer that holds a record there in real life, that this version is spot on so come out and play while you're on lockdown!

Some things to remember:

• Remember to please use your real first and last name before joining the server. By default, rFactor2 will use your Steam account name, but you can edit your name next to your "Nickname" within rFactor2 in the upper right corner of the landing page where you select your option for single or multi-player.
    • It is suggested that everyone log into the Discord channel for chat. Discord is a Skype type of application used by gamers. You'll need to install and enter the ApexSpeed.com Sim Racing room linked below.
    • Please bind a key for "Push to talk" in Discord so that others don't have to hear unnecessary noise you broadcast to the room. We don't need to hear that you screwed up, your shifters clicking, your simulated wind noise, or that your dog wants to go outside.
    • Now that the group is getting bigger, please refrain from unnecessary voice chat during qualifying and the race. Some of us can't pat their head and rub their belly at the same time, so please be considerate to that and only use voice chat during qualifying or racing for race related discussion like alerting people you're pulling out of the pit lane, a request to restart a race (like we had last night), or a huge pileup in T1, etc...

Server Name: ApexSpeed
    Passw: rfactor2

Discord Room: https://discord.gg/PnYjbmh - Please bind a key for "Push to talk".

Please subscribe to the car and track in your Steam account before loading rFactor2 and you'll automatically get the car and track installed when you join the server.

USF2000 2017
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1782916300

Barber Motorsports Park 2020
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...?id=2032760977

Results and Record Dashboard - http://apexspeed.servegame.com:58000/default
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 860

Oh, SNAP! Now I really need to get this stuff going!
    Found out last night that my Logitech wheel and pedal should work!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 138

Is it just my settings or are the track details really hard to see? Seems very jaggy so hard to see apexes.

It's funny how I can run iracing or assetto full blast in VR but I have everything at min on this to get good frame rates. Mosport was horrible but Atlanta I had it dialed in.

This one is super laggy with 15 AI cars.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbe View Post
    Is it just my settings or are the track details really hard to see? Seems very jaggy so hard to see apexes.

It's funny how I can run iracing or assetto full blast in VR but I have everything at min on this to get good frame rates. Mosport was horrible but Atlanta I had it dialed in.

This one is super laggy with 15 AI cars.

Someday I'll have VR, but everything has been running fine maxed out with a single monitor 1080p setup so I can't really compare. I think Logan had mentioned something about lower framerates with his GTX 1070 once we had more cars on track.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Yeah I think unfortunately the game just isn't optimized for it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbe View Post
    Yeah I think unfortunately the game just isn't optimized for it very well.

I would think it's highly probable. Not all the track creators are using to VR so they don't know how they will display in game. The new Barber does have some pretty nice detail to it.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 857

This morning, I decided to do a few laps on the server. Again, I run into this problem that I cannot seem to solve. I'm doing laps and I get the FUEL signal, so come into the pits .. ride down to the end of pit road where a flashing red box seems to be waiting on me. I pull into the box (the box flashing changes ever so slightly - apparently to tell me I'm in the right spot)..the car seems to lift - the sign on the left of my screen indicates a 'random?' number of seconds for the pit stop ... also indicating that TIRES and FUEL are the reason for the stop? .. seconds tic off until they either REACH the prescribed number of seconds .. or get pretty close to it. Anyway, the timer stops .. and it would APPEAR that I am free to reenter the track. I leave the pit box, but the FUEL light stays ... and stays... If I continue to 'race'.. the car runs out of fuel. If I come back into the pits, I get the same song and dance and the same timer stoppage .. and the SAME fuel warning staying on. .. and I run out of gas if I stay out again - just like before.

Is there something I'm supposed to DO during that stop to reset the fuel? Otherwise, I have to exit the track.. get out of the program and start all over again from scratch to get rid of the fuel warning. Obviously, I stayed home from school the day that was discussed. Can someone tell me how to cure this?
    TIA,
    Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Huh. I just press esc and return to pit. Puts everything back, I don't bother driving to the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    This morning, I decided to do a few laps on the server. Again, I run into this problem that I cannot seem to solve. I'm doing laps and I get the FUEL signal, so come into the pits .. ride down to the end of pit road where a flashing red box seems to be waiting on me. I pull into the box (the box flashing changes ever so slightly - apparently to tell me I'm in the right spot)..the car seems to lift - the sign on the left of my screen indicates a 'random?' number of seconds for the pit stop ... also indicating that TIRES and FUEL are the reason for the stop? .. seconds tic off until they either REACH the prescribed number of seconds .. or get pretty close to it. Anyway, the timer stops .. and it would APPEAR that I am free to reenter the track. I leave the pit box, but the FUEL light stays ... and stays... If I continue to 'race'.. the car runs out of fuel. If I come back into the pits, I get the same song and dance and the same timer stoppage .. and the SAME fuel warning staying on. .. and I run out of gas if I stay out again - just like before.

Is there something I'm supposed to DO during that stop to reset the fuel? Otherwise, I have to exit the track.. get out of the program and start all over again from scratch to get rid of the fuel warning. Obviously, I stayed home from school the day that was discussed. Can someone tell me how to cure this?
    TIA,
    Steve
    I usually just go back to the garage after a session (like James mentioned), but if you wanted to practice doing refuels in the pit lane, you should be able to adjust your fuel setting in the pit LCD screen that you can cycle through and adjust what you want your fuel level to be. I'm guessing your current setting is set to "no fuel".
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thread Information