Liked: 536

That's one of the stupidest ideas since grooved tires

3. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 896

Marko is seriosly brain damaged!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 229

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    Marko is seriously brain damaged!
    There are quite a few groups that hold virus parties vs getting the inoculations. He is not that far off......

Liked: 384

measles in 50's come to mind...
    hmmm.
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Liked: 279

I find it interesting how logic and reason can illicit such scorn from the groupthink sheeple....
    Ciao,

Joel
    Piper DF-5 F1000

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4363

Quote Originally Posted by jchracer View Post
    I find it interesting how logic and reason can illicit such scorn from the groupthink sheeple....
    Those that get the virus and recover, are the members of our society, who can get back to work, hobbies, socializing, and visiting their older relatives. With the lack of testing available, that means that millions who never showed symptoms, will be stuck in the isolation phase. As Cuomo has pointed out, the best way to get our economy restarted, is if we can these quick cheap tests into service.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 860

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    Those that get the virus and recover, are the members of our society, who can get back to work, hobbies, socializing, and visiting their older relatives. With the lack of testing available, that means that millions who never showed symptoms, will be stuck in the isolation phase. As Cuomo has pointed out, the best way to get our economy restarted, is if we can these quick cheap tests into service.
    I have not seen any research that CONFIRMS that an immunity is built up after recovering from the virus. They HOPE it's true but I haven't found anything online to confirm. Here's a quote from the most recent article I found, from 10 days ago:
    "We don't know very much," says Matt Frieman, a coronavirus researcher at the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore. "I think there's a very likely scenario where the virus comes through this year, and everyone gets some level of immunity to it, and if it comes back again, we will be protected from it — either completely or if you do get reinfected later, a year from now, then you have much less disease."
    "That is the hope," he adds. "But there is no way to know that."

But yes, we will recover as long as we take the necessary steps to flatten the curve.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

The numbers don't reflect reality of how many of us actually have or have had the virus. Without more testing we will simply not know but not sure we will ever really know. Take the mayor of Miami as a good example, tested positive & after 17 days of isolation he did not show any symptoms at all apparently & tested negative the other day. I haven't heard or checked if he had the second negative test or not. Interesting that he wouldn't have been checked at all based on no symptoms but because he was with Brazilian delegates who tested positive they decided to check him. Most people who know they have been exposed have been sent home to self isolate & if do not show any symptoms are released back into the community.

I don't have an answer other then more testing & we simply have to ride this one out. We need a vaccine before we will see any degree of normality again if at all.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 308

Of course Marko volunteered to be the Guinea Pig to test his theory's safety! [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Of course Marko volunteered to be the Guinea Pig to test his theory's safety! [/sarcasm]
    Marko is essentially trying to vaccinate people that are important to him. As Joel points out, it is a very logical theory, certainly more logical than hoarding toilet paper or denying that the virus was a threat to our population.

If I was a healthy 22 year old, I would be receptive to having the virus, quarantining, and getting on with life. As a 58 year old, with cancer history, I am in hiding. I don't think Marko is in a demographic that the theory is appropriate for.

I don't think we know enough about the virus at this time to even consider a "virus party" to get it and get over it. Yes, older and immune-challenged people are more vulnerable to severe complications, but there have been reports of enough young people having problems to question the wisdom of purposefully infecting yourself. There's also no strong evidence that getting CV will impart an immunity any more than getting the flu does. We haven't yet seen if this strain has a tendency to mutate the way influenza does.

At the present time some folks seem to be clutching to anecdotal reports while the full research has yet to be completed. Follow the science, listen to the people who know and ignore Facebook reposts. And anyone who uses the word "sheeple" unironically.

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bardahl77 View Post
    And anyone who uses the word "sheeple" unironically.
    It is truly ironic that someone would object to the term "sheeple" by using the term "unironically".

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on perspective, "sheeple" is the key component in the SCCA business model.

It is truly ironic that someone would object to the term "sheeple" by using the term "unironically".

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on perspective, "sheeple" is the key component in the SCCA business model.
    Careful, you're getting close to triggering a irony singularity that will absorb all irony on earth.

Thread Information