Thread: Corona Special

Liked: 58

Default Corona Special

First, take care everyone. This to shall pass.

Obviously our world has changed a whole lot right now. There are also groups of people that will be hurt more than others as events are shut down. Additionally, for some of us, our participation has become a bit fluid.

Because of this, I offer the following deal. I have available two well prepared and competiive Zetec FC cars for rent. One is a 2010 RFR with two total races and and 2001 VD. I have each for rent for $1000/weekend. My caveat is that you use Mitchell Racing Services for prep and transport and, if it happens, crash repair. Their cost is extra on top of mine and is dependant on transport distance and weekend length. Multiple weekends commited to will get a discount on my cost. They are an awesome team and go to many Majors, Regionals, and possibly FRP. Cars need to race and I cannot.

In these times, many businesses will not get bailouts. Don't forget those that are impacted more. If you are interested in running a FC, this is the way to go. Please pass this on to any forum or anyone you know.

If there is any interest, please contact

Leon Mitchell
    317-490-6514
    mitchellracing@att.net

Racers helping racers

Jeremy Swank
    Last edited by f500racer; 03.19.20 at 4:42 PM.

Liked: 227

Way to go Jeremy!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Great offer-

Remember, someone can run these cars in either FRP's Championship class or the FC Classic class- same track time. We hope to start at Barber (but who knows at this point). PIRC in late June, Mid Ohio in early July....
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 996

FANTASTIC!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 110

Thanks Jeremy

I'll also put in a plug for Leon Mitchell and Mitchell Racing Services. I have used them, they are great and I will be using them myself when racing starts back up.

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
    Great offer-

Remember, someone can run these cars in either FRP's Championship class or the FC Classic class- same track time. We hope to start at Barber (but who knows at this point). PIRC in late June, Mid Ohio in early July....
    What is FC Classic and where can one find the rules?

Contributing Member

You can find F2000 rules on the FRP website, 'racefrp.com', under the 'competitor' button. There's basically no differentiation for FC Classic beyond the relaxed tire rule.

Essentially, it's for any legal FC on Hoosier tires (radial or bias), reduced entry fee with no points or podium, but runs concurrently and has the same track time as the Championship. Its aimed at the older cars with Pinto power and patterned after the very successful RCFFS program, but any FC can enter.
    ----------

9. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 52

So do you just have to qualify for one of the pre reqs below? So if said person has never ran a FRP F2 event you can take a MZR and run FC Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
    You can find F2000 rules on the FRP website, 'racefrp.com', under the 'competitor' button. There's basically no differentiation for FC Classic beyond the relaxed tire rule.

Essentially, it's for any legal FC on Hoosier tires (radial or bias), reduced entry fee with no points or podium, but runs concurrently and has the same track time as the Championship. Its aimed at the older cars with Pinto power and patterned after the very successful RCFFS program, but any FC can enter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 3323

Quote Originally Posted by rydawg011291 View Post
    So do you just have to qualify for one of the pre reqs below? So if said person has never ran a FRP F2 event you can take a MZR and run FC Classic?
    The MZR is not FC legal...
    Dave Weitzenhof

Contributing Member

ya...but we're an equal opportunity series

Actually, one of the reasons we have the FC Classic class is to accommodate the Southern F2000 series which is scheduled to be at two of our events (Barber [maybe] and VIR). They allow MZRs.
    ----------

Dont mean to snipe this thread but again when I read these rules then if someone has never run FRP then they can bring an MZR, Zetec or pinto and run FC Classic.

I think there needs to be clarification because this doesnt seem to help pinto owners in my mind this just helps potentially bring in numbers. Also what is done with 98 or 99s that are pintos? They then dont qualify for FC Classic if you have to meet all said rules.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    The MZR is not FC legal...

Contributing Member

Then don't snipe at it and don't turn this into another Zetec vs Pinto thread...Sorry, I'm a little scratchy as I'm cooped up working from home, the cars are in the shop all prepped and there's no racing going on anywhere.

We're doing our level best to be as inclusive as we can for all FC's.
    ----------

15. The following 6 users liked this post:

Bob,

Sorry you saw this as a Zetec vs Pinto issue. I go back to my original post, I am just trying to get clarification on these rules set forth for FC Classics. This said Notice which I referenced earlier still begs more questions than answers, again do you have to meet just one of these bullet points or all for FC Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by rydawg011291 View Post

Contributing Member

Bring your car- we’ll figure out how to include you. Remember rule 20...
    ----------

18. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 159

Default it is about running in a single class group and fun

similarity to RCFFS where any FF legal car, from 1970 or just built 6 weeks ago can run. Any of the three legal engines = OK. Run any tire (in this FC case any Hoosier). The RCFFS is a ton of fun, low stress and since the fields are a decent size you find someone to race with. So Bob and his team are trying to drop the barrier for the guys who have older cars, perhaps still set up for Bias Ply tires, who are not coming out to play. Drop the entry fee and simplify the rules and hope to see more cars. If you blow everyone away with an MZR in a 2020 Mygale, with Bias tires, well done. You get no points towards the F2000 championship and if you have the super trick car you get to do it twice. My understanding of the intent. If the cars stay in the barn or in the trailer we all lose

20. The following 5 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Bravo Steve, well said, exactly right, as and when any of us get to race again hopefully any and every car and driver will come and enjoy the weekend, where ever it might be.
    Just run your car if you have the chance, like Bob said, show up and you'll find good group of racers an they'll find a place for you.

If you need a trophy I'll buy you one...…

22. The following 4 users liked this post:

Thread Information