Liked: 2

For Sale 1975 LeGrand MK21 FF/CF

1975 LeGrand MK21 FF. Chassis #005 owned and campaigned by the LeGrand family. Logbooks from new have Aldin, “Red” and Robin as drivers from 76-82. I’ve known the car since 1998 when I worked for Ishida Motorsports and we bought it as a rental. It had been run as a Club Ford in AZ. After running the car for Ishida in vintage and SCCA events, I purchased the car in 2009 for my son to start racing. He and I shared the car but over the last few years he has moved away from vintage racing into more modern machinery. I’ve run the car the last few seasons in CVAR and SVRA. The last 2 races were Indy and Hallett in 2019. At Indy I qualified 15th in the “fast” group, got up to 12th, spun and eventually finished 21st. At Hallett in the fall I put it on pole for the FF Anniversary Feature and won the FF2 class. I was going to run the newly reopened ECR a month later but found the fuel cell was leaking so over the winter break I have replaced the fuel cell (brand new Fuel Safe wedge cell), rebuilt the rear uprights with all new bearings, and installed a new starter. It is ready to race with current Schroth belts good until 2023.

1600 Ford all steel Clem engine, refreshed in 2018…basically new bearings, rings, and a valve job. In 2017 Taylor rebuilt the transmission with a Rhinocase after I found a crack in the original case, Tilton clutch was also replaced. In 2011 the car was taken down to the bare frame and media blasted to repair frame cracks, strengthen the attachment for the lower rear radius arms, and replacement of the floorpan.

Car comes with some gearsets (enough to run Hallett, MRSC/H, ECR, Indy), some spares including headers, hubs etc. Has 3 sets of wheels; 2 being original LeGrand wheels, and 1 set of Revolutions. Tires on the car are Hoosier Vintage Treaded on Legrand wheels run 2 race weekends. Revolutions have Sauce’s SCCA ~6 heat cycle take-off Hoosier slicks. Other set of Legrand wheels are currently unmounted.

Cockpit is quite big inside, my son is 6’ 2” 200 lbs and ran it with a small poured seat.

Car is located in Southlake Texas, asking $16,000 obo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 4

Default Fast car!

I've raced with his car for several years....a fast, well handling car!

Liked: 2

Default Sold

Sold

Thread Information