Contributing Member steve everard's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Default scaling cross weight properly

I need a good process that will allow me to set ride height, scale the car (F2000 VD) and adjust cross weight while maintaining set ride height.
    Thanks all
    Steve

Liked: 3325

What I do is to adjust the pushrod adjusters equal but opposite directions side-side on one end while monitoring the chassis angle side-side. In order to keep the chassis level, one must make adjustments in the opposite directions on the other end to keep the chassis level. Again, make equal but opposite adjustments side-side on whichever end you are adjusting to maintain the correct RH.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 20

Steve give me a call . I can run you through the process I use.

Lenny

978-257-4842

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4363

From another thread 6 months ago, this is a quick overview.
    "My personal starting point, on any configuration of car, is jacking the car in the middle of the diff and balancing the front suspension so the chassis is level. At that point, I go up and down on the front for ride height, but all cornerweight adjustment is done from the rear."
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

5. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 3325

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    What I do is to adjust the pushrod adjusters equal but opposite directions side-side on one end while monitoring the chassis angle side-side. In order to keep the chassis level, one must make adjustments in the opposite directions on the other end to keep the chassis level. Again, make equal but opposite adjustments side-side on whichever end you are adjusting to maintain the correct RH.
    Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    From another thread 6 months ago, this is a quick overview.
    "My personal starting point, on any configuration of car, is jacking the car in the middle of the diff and balancing the front suspension so the chassis is level. At that point, I go up and down on the front for ride height, but all cornerweight adjustment is done from the rear."
    Here's an additional note on what I do:

I use only 2 scales at the front. I have found that front corner weight being equal side-side is more important than in the rear, and for most cars, there is a weight difference L to R (CG offset from centerline) due to component placement. That means that it is usually impossible to get both ends exactly equal side-side at the same time.

Greg's method of starting by jacking the car at the rear is good, but may not result in front weight equal side-side.

Having said that, Greg's fabulous track record confirms that he is doing setups that result in great cars, so YMMV.
    Dave Weitzenhof

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 73

Default Cross Weights

Dave,

Thank you for sharing. I have always concentrated on getting the fronts equal as well.

Aaron

Thread Information