Contributing Member Darren Brown's Avatar
    Liked: 20

Default ESR in P2 engine table change

Question while I wait for the response from Topeka. I attached a screen shot of the new additional line item for a restrictor for the ESR SCCA car in P2.

Do I read this line item right that I have to dyno the SCCA sealed engine to a target horse power that I have not even found in the GCR and then supply the the data to the club?

That seems almost impossible to figure out a starting point on a restrictor size then find the target HP and then dyno 1mm and 2mm above and below the target horse power. I would have to buy who knows how many sizes of restrictors and many days of dyno time.

I read through the SR specs and did not find the target Hp or what type of dyno (engine or chassis) is required. Maybe I just missed it.

I would think since Enterprises supplied the engines they would have an idea of what restrictor to use.

Am I reading this correctly?

Thanks
    Darren
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 83

Default ESR Restrictor Question

In the case of an engine that has this type of sealing and restrictions it is the responsibility of the manufacturer to meet the requirements and offer the approved solution to their customers.
    Please consider contacting Enterprises for the required solution. To be compliant the new restrictor will need to be in place effective 4/1/2020, the requirement was first back in December.
    Please also note the P2 ESR approved car is a spec line car and must also meet the other requirements spelled out in the specified GCR section.

As always requests for and questions about the GCR rules should be submitted through the official letter log system at CRBSCCA.com.

David Arken
    CRB Liaison to Formula Sport Racing Advisory Committee

Contributing Member Darren Brown's Avatar
    Liked: 20

Thank you for the reply David.

I was reaching out to Rick, but will also follow up with the crb.

I agree being a SCCA supplied engine they should handle any adjustments to the engine. Seems unreasonable the way the rule is written for the average racer to accomplish this task.

The only way I see this making since is if they are removing the restriction to have the engine sealed and allowing open engine builders. Not sure why they could not handle the hp change with a ECU flash like the Zetecs .

Thread Information