Thread: Bill Simpson

Contributing Member
    Liked: 481

Default Bill Simpson

https://racer.com/2019/12/16/racer-a...on-dies-at-79/

https://jalopnik.com/former-racer-an...l-s-1840479725

I did not know him, but used a lot of Simpson equipment in my racing.

I bet everyone of us had a "Darth Vader" helmet at one time.

I believe his sons ran FF in CA back in the 80s?

ChrisZ

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1121

I knew a decade ago that'd we'd be mourning endless losses of the guys we so admired as kids.

Such is the case with Bill Simpson; wholly politically-incorrect, stubborn as they come, no BS tolerated, all coming right in the end -- from *the* guy racing really needed in those fatal times.

Thanks, Bill, for saving so many lives. So sorry for your being accused of the opposite; but Thanks for having the balls to fight your good name clear and keeping your "Impact" moving forward.

Thanks for the R30, the coolest hat a karting kid could ever want. Sorry my friends called it a "pig face," but know it's safe and revered in my vault.

Thanks for Nomex. Its rejecting fuel saved more injuries when my lifelong friend Eddie Miller crashed at Indy in '76, upside-down, neck broken, him soaked in gas with a smoker within eyeshot. I still shudder when thinking of the test his Nomex avoided that day.

Thanks also for signing a kid's program at the Milwaukee Mile in 1974, and making him feel like he belonged in your presence.

Thanks for bringing an off-roader to a higher plane, even if in a pink car. :-)

My hope is your legacy extends to telling it like it is -- no matter who is hearing it. We desperately need more like you, right now.

RIP, Hero.

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information