Liked: 1115

Default *SOLD* 16Ft V-Nose w/ Shelves & MANY Extras *Sold*

*Sold*

I posted this trailer for sale as part of a package because it's set up for my Crossle' 30/32/45. On reflection, I realized that if someone wanted a complete covered trailer for a comfortable paddock with another car they could have this for $3500 and I'd keep the car.

16 foot V-nose with nearly-new 3500# twin axles. Weighs about 1800#, includes built in shelves for all those extra bits. Includes spare tire, quickjack, portable A/C unit, curtain to contain the cold air when the ramp is open, table, ramps, EZ-Up, electric winch, and many little useful shop bits. Also includes the pictured lifts and stands for use at home or track.
    Last edited by TimH; 11.20.19 at 1:52 PM. Reason: Sold
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 1

I just bought a Crossle 35F and am picking it up in SoCal this weekend. I'm in NorCal. Would you be interested in parting with the lift systems? Shaggy story but, I am buying a trailer from a party in Scottsdale AZ. The seller of the trailer is delivering it to the Los Angeles area this Saturday, 8/24, where we're picking up the 35F. It occurs to me that If you would part with the lift systems, he could deliver them too. I would also be interested in any or all of the following items if they could also be delivered as mentioned:

quickjack (priority item)
    camber gauge
    toe plates
    longacre digital memory pyrometer
    spare unpainted nose

Given the short time frame, I may be reached at nine one six two 9 six two 9 three 7. Thank you! Jim

Well, I'd really like to sell the whole package, thinking it greatly enhances the value of the trailer. That means the extras will get priced pretty steeply if I'm stuck with the trailer.

Those lifts (and Quicklift) represent easily $1000 taken all together. Toe plates, camber gauge, and pyrometer probably another $500.

The spare nose is on Jens' trailer in Ohio right now, won't be home until after COTA. Always another pita to ship - Porter price is only about $350 IIRC but then there's another $150 freight charge unless you order more stuff at the same time. Good news is once it's back to Tempe we might find someone who can put it in the back of a pickup or sedan for you. I have a nephew making runs to La Jolla pretty frequently, and other relatives up to LA from there. Then again, if I can keep the car the nose wouldn't be easily for sale. The other stuff you mention will.

That means if you come up with another bargain $1600 - $2000 more you will have in addition a trailer set up with a Bulldog hitch, tie downs specifically for a Crossle' (and with holes drilled for an optional motorcycle stand I'll toss in), the shelves with LOTS of little bits, PitPal Deluxe Door Cabinet, not all of my extensive Mk9 gears but a nice starter selection in a plastic CogHouse case (unfortunately no longer available from Taylor), one-man loading winch, portable 120V A/C with external duct and curtain to contain the cold in the front half of the trailer, 12V lighting, EZ-UP, table, fuel jugs, water jugs for EZ-UP weights, ramps, 4-wheel electric breakaway brake required for California. Generic external tow vehicle mirror extensions. Backup camera and guides in case you have an older tow vehicle that needs such things. 4-wheel TPMS, could be expanded for improved data on tow vehicle as well. Oh, and a rocking one-tire wedge for double axles that lets you change the other tire without a jack - saved my bones on a freeway offramp a couple of years ago. Some of these things could be negotiated out of the package for small discounts.

I know I'm suggesting you flake out on your Scottsdale trailer deal, but he might just understand. If by chance he's selling a small uncovered trailer you can get my upgrade and I'd definitely think hard about any vaguely reasonable price for his as still a huge simplification for me. Talk to him?

Best Regards,
    -Tim Herbst
    Bee-Eye-En.at.herbstmail.dot.com
    or PM me. Chemotherapy schedule ties me up unpredictably.
    Last edited by TimH; 08.22.19 at 4:12 AM.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 79

I've raced with Tim for many years. This is a neat package with a rather good engine.
    Jim

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    Well, I'd really like to sell the whole package, thinking it greatly enhances the value of the trailer. That means the extras will get priced pretty steeply if I'm stuck with the trailer.

Those lifts (and Quicklift) represent easily $1000 taken all together. Toe plates, camber gauge, and pyrometer probably another $500.

The spare nose is on Jens' trailer in Ohio right now, won't be home until after COTA. Always another pita to ship - Porter price is only about $350 IIRC but then there's another $150 freight charge unless you order more stuff at the same time. Good news is once it's back to Tempe we might find someone who can put it in the back of a pickup or sedan for you. I have a nephew making runs to La Jolla pretty frequently, and other relatives up to LA from there. Then again, if I can keep the car the nose wouldn't be easily for sale. The other stuff you mention will.

That means if you come up with another bargain $1600 - $2000 more you will have in addition a trailer set up with a Bulldog hitch, tie downs specifically for a Crossle' (and with holes drilled for an optional motorcycle stand I'll toss in), the shelves with LOTS of little bits, PitPal Deluxe Door Cabinet, not all of my extensive Mk9 gears but a nice starter selection in a plastic CogHouse case (unfortunately no longer available from Taylor), one-man loading winch, portable 120V A/C with external duct and curtain to contain the cold in the front half of the trailer, 12V lighting, EZ-UP, table, fuel jugs, water jugs for EZ-UP weights, ramps, 4-wheel electric breakaway brake required for California. Generic external tow vehicle mirror extensions. Backup camera and guides in case you have an older tow vehicle that needs such things. 4-wheel TPMS, could be expanded for improved data on tow vehicle as well. Oh, and a rocking one-tire wedge for double axles that lets you change the other tire without a jack - saved my bones on a freeway offramp a couple of years ago. Some of these things could be negotiated out of the package for small discounts.

I know I'm suggesting you flake out on your Scottsdale trailer deal, but he might just understand. If by chance he's selling a small uncovered trailer you can get my upgrade and I'd definitely think hard about any vaguely reasonable price for his as still a huge simplification for me. Talk to him?

Best Regards,
    -Tim Herbst
    Bee-Eye-En.at.herbstmail.dot.com
    or PM me. Chemotherapy schedule ties me up unpredictably.
    Thank you for the detailed response. The trailer we're buying is an enclosed 8.5x20 to fit a Porsche too. The idea is to do double-duty with the 35F. Your trailer and all the extras is still tempting (with all the great stuff) but I actually live in Sacramento. If you were closer, it would be an easier decision. I'll cogitate on this a bit. Seems like I've been driving a lot lately and am facing a 1000 mile drive this weekend (to and from LA) so its hard to wrap my brain around a trip to LA/Tempe right now. Thanks again and best wishes for a speedy recovery! Jim

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 502

Quote Originally Posted by JimLynn View Post
    Thank you for the detailed response. The trailer we're buying is an enclosed 8.5x20 to fit a Porsche too. The idea is to do double-duty with the 35F. Your trailer and all the extras is still tempting (with all the great stuff) but I actually live in Sacramento. If you were closer, it would be an easier decision. I'll cogitate on this a bit. Seems like I've been driving a lot lately and am facing a 1000 mile drive this weekend (to and from LA) so its hard to wrap my brain around a trip to LA/Tempe right now. Thanks again and best wishes for a speedy recovery! Jim
    Tim's package is top shelf, as he is. No disappointments. It will be as described.
    M9

Quote Originally Posted by JimLynn View Post
    The trailer we're buying is an enclosed 8.5x20 to fit a Porsche too.
    I get it. If you want to spring for the lifts/stands/other items at my quoted prices your guy can pick them up on the way to LA and that will allow me to discount the rest of the package into a real bargain for someone else.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Liked: 16

Default Still Available?

Is this sold?

Sorry saw the "Under Contract" and then saw the Sold in the Title.
    Last edited by jhaley; 11.20.19 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Duh!!
    Jim Haley
    619-992-5284

Quote Originally Posted by jhaley View Post
    Is this sold?
    Gone last week. First post corrected.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Thread Information