Liked: 0

Default Pectel, Pi-Research, Cosworth

Hi folks, new bloke here. Hoping some of you would be wiling/able to help me figure something out. My apologies if not posted in the correct forum....looked around and figured this would be the best fit.

So recently came across a box of Pectel/Pi research goodies. Its been a while since use so actually forgot i had it.

The system is an SQ6M with X-sportdash, harness and a bunch of ancillary sensors. Things like lambda,oil pressure and temp, map, 2 potentiometers, quick shifter, timingbeacon, as well as other sensors I can't recall at the moment. Alsohas traction control, pit lane limiter, switchable timing/fuel maps,and i'm sure some stuff i'm forgetting. This came off a 'B' racebike so it has very little use and virtually no wear on it. Neverbeen involved in a crash and even looks new. There is an invoicekicking around somewhere that was closing in on 20k for the package.

Obviously this stuff is not going forthat kind of money which is why I am reaching out to you folks herefor help to find a realistic number. Not sure if I should hang on toit and get a new harness made up to utilize on some possible futureproject, or maybe offer it up to someone to use now.

I have no idea how many iterations ofthis ECU/data package that may be out there so if there are specificmodel/part numbers that would help, let me know and i'll go unbox itto see what info i can find out. If there is anything else anyonecan think of to help get a good idea of possible value let me knowand i'll try to oblige. Oh, not sure how much this matters but comeswith data cable, manual on file and hard copy.

Liked: 0

Wow, so nearly 450 views and no thoughts on the matter?

Don't know of a whole lot of places that deal/trade with these race type electronic packages, but have come across a couple listing on ebay with similar items. Seen them range from 3,500 to 4,500 for the sq6 and sq6m. Although, they seemed to be earlier versions(and showing wear) from what i have, and for just the ecu. Again, don't know how many iterations of this electronics platform were made.

Couple questions....

What are your thoughts on the prices i was able to find? They seem about right, a bit low, or maybe high???

Has the world of racing moved on from the pectel/cosworth electronic packages leaving the sq6m as a relic, or is this platform still utilized?

It was the most robust and best thing at the time of purchasing, but wondering how far things have progressed past its capabilities?

Liked: 229

You might have answered your own question. There might not be much interest.
    You need to find some one who has the same system and wants a spare. Which might be difficult or impossible.
    Putting it up on Ebay might work but you should check history of what has actually sold for a price.
    Most of the users of Pi stuff have migrated to other solutions.

In the past I have bought systems on the cheap, well now I have a few bins of obsolete electronics as the market for Pi stuff has gone in same direction as formula car counts.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 473

I really don't mind offering up my thoughts and/or knowledge when I know something that someone else might not be able to find out easily...

...but the SQ6M is a CURRENT Cosworth product that you can buy new...

Google "cosworth SQ6M"

...and it took me less than 3 minutes to learn that.

Thread Information