Fallen Friend
    Liked: 168

Default Restored Lola 340 seeks new home

Lola 340. Has SCCA logbook, was a former SARRC champ car. Recieved a total nut/bolt, frame up restoration about 10 years ago. Never run as a CF, no front hoop updates. Used sparingly since as solo car with one vintage race.

Restoration included new front alloy hubs, crack repair, all new rod ends, new gearbox adapter, refurbish of hewland, chrome, alloy panels, lots more.....photos tell the story...it was nicely done as hobby by areospace engr./car guy. Added deflectors to radiator outlets to keep rocks out (these come off if desired). Deflector molds included. Nose is shorter (for solo) comes with mold and original "long" nose. Originial snorkle included but not finished/painted. Have limited collection of spares.

To vintage race will need: new belts, catch can, tires, transponder, fire system/bottle. Cell is original Marsten with new foam, down right side (original location)...would suggest upgrading to wedge cell under seat, but that will take some thought.

Car is in Pensacola, Fl.

$14000.00/offers.... don't think you can buy one, do it to this level, for that...very nicely done.

Willing to chat.

Bob Lembcke 8fiveoh four77 ott 327 central time

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

nice looking car....................the radiator sidepods are obviously longer as you describe them with extensions but they seem a bit taller than i recall................bigger radiators or am i mistaken in my perception?

Fallen Friend

Nope...to the best of my knowledge all are stock parts and sizes... most likely my photo skills....and that extra length of those deflectors make it look different..

Thanks for the kind comment...

Bob L.

i really love the unmolested dash hoop !

AND

the forward nose support

ORIGINAL LOOKING all of it

Fallen Friend

Figured time to bump this....surely someone needs a nice 340? If not, have a MK 10 Elden project drop into trailer about 2 months ago...no engine/have most parts for one, Elden is fairly nice, sitting for long time, should be a simple winter project to get on track.

Contact me for details on either...and, thanks!

Bob L.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L. View Post
    Figured time to bump this....surely someone needs a nice 340? If not, have a MK 10 Elden project drop into trailer about 2 months ago...no engine/have most parts for one, Elden is fairly nice, sitting for long time, should be a simple winter project to get on track.

Contact me for details on either...and, thanks!

Bob L.

Elden..........................price?

Fallen Friend

Hadn't really thought about it.... didn't post here to sell it, rather was bumpup on my 340, with a tickler.... If forced into numbers, as it sits today probably start in 6-7K (no engine).... pm me if serious and we can do info, photos, maybe develop details... May separately post later if I get serious.

Thanks for the hit....hope real interest, not just kicking tires like the rest of us.....if so, appears you are a long, long way away.....trip along, might be deal killer...need to do both if you come...package deal?

Bob L.

Liked: 0

bob,
    is you 340 still for sale , I have been looking for a good one for a while now. cheers Ian.

Fallen Friend

yep, still have.

Tried to PM, ya.... wouldn't ...said your acct. not taking any...

see you are new here....too new? Need to get that unlocked if you are "for real" and hope to play well with/hearfrom others....

Give us a "sign", Ian, old boy.....eh?

Bob L.

Liked: 0

bob,
    I am for real, yes I am new at contacting people on the forum I usually prefer to do it direct through email. please email me back on iangray@built.com.au
    I am quite keen to discuss your car as I have been looking for a 320 for a while now and yours looks a little different with the side pods I haven't seen one with them before. I am looking for a car to use mainly at hill climbs and sprints more so than full on racing.

regards Ian Gray

Liked: 5

Default Lola 340

Is this car stilll available? I may have a buyer.

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 649

Bob, are you going to be around next Tuesday? I need some photos of your car for my project.

V/r

Iverson

Fallen Friend

Rick... pm sent..

CJD...340 still available...will get in touch, thanks for asking..

Bob L.

Fallen Friend

Bump...... Barber's is fast approaching, prep time is short....weather and beach here are great....come on down....see the Blues practice when loading up!!!

Thanks.

Bob L.

Fallen Friend

Bumpity, bumpity, bump....

Barbers is soon to be here. Pensacola is just down the road...

340 is resting easily, but needs to have stuff moved to get to door...

Eldon Mk10 project roller is a bit closer to door...

so,.....???????????

Thanks.

Bob L.

Fallen Friend

Default Bump?

Too many cobwebs.....both Ms. Lola and Mr. Elden, really do deserve a new caretaker.

Bob L.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 14

Default Lola T340

Is car still available?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L. View Post
    Lola 340. Has SCCA logbook, was a former SARRC champ car. Recieved a total nut/bolt, frame up restoration about 10 years ago. Never run as a CF, no front hoop updates. Used sparingly since as solo car with one vintage race.

Restoration included new front alloy hubs, crack repair, all new rod ends, new gearbox adapter, refurbish of hewland, chrome, alloy panels, lots more.....photos tell the story...it was nicely done as hobby by areospace engr./car guy. Added deflectors to radiator outlets to keep rocks out (these come off if desired). Deflector molds included. Nose is shorter (for solo) comes with mold and original "long" nose. Originial snorkle included but not finished/painted. Have limited collection of spares.

To vintage race will need: new belts, catch can, tires, transponder, fire system/bottle. Cell is original Marsten with new foam, down right side (original location)...would suggest upgrading to wedge cell under seat, but that will take some thought.

Car is in Pensacola, Fl.

$14000.00/offers.... don't think you can buy one, do it to this level, for that...very nicely done.

Willing to chat.

Bob Lembcke 8fiveoh four77 ott 327 central time

Fallen Friend

Default yes it is

Just did a full update...included: added CF bars (engineered to improve chassis stiffness), new Harmon FIA wedge cell, 1211 fire system, AMG battery (under knees), higher mount for should belts (fits Hans), TSR FIA/Hans belts (expire end of 2020), new Hooiser VFF tires... all for VSCDA FF 50th, last Sept. at Elkhart. Used original SCCA logbook...plan to get VDCA one next time I take it out.

Car ran/behaved very well, although pilot wasn't the fastest by a bunch (video verified). Finished about mid pack in grp. 12. Lap times and confidence improved through out the weekend, much more time to be had..... Now has a 2nd set of Revolutions with older CF Hoosier slicks. Price might be a bit higher today (spent well over 3K in enhancements), but willing to talk.

With new bars, not all that much room..... I'm 5'10", 180-190#, size 9 shoes......don't think anyone over 6'1"/200#/long legs/wider will fit...did make steering wheel removable, which helps, but still needed getting strapped in.

Contact me for more info/current photos... need it gone, as out of room and have some water pumper SV's to play with...

Thanks for the inquiry.... not raced out, for sure....will make someone a very nice ride....

Bob L.

Thread Information