Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 910
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 115

My daily email from BAT - I saw this one. Strange he wouldn't list it here. Might hope to attract a track-day person who doesn't know about Apexspeed? Might be interesting to watch to see if he exceeds his reserve. Only costs $99 to list a car on BAT, so maybe a good gamble.

Liked: 482

Maybe a way to bring the the lamented “new blood”? I have friends that are intimidated by cars like this but once exposed a little they warm up. So maybe BaT listings could be positive for sellers AND new folks.

I sold a 1956 Austin Healey 100-4 there recently and the exposure was phenomenal. I’m certain better than if I had listed only on a major British car forum comparable to Apex.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1495

it's a car with no particular bad habits, cheap to own, all set up and decently right, and the guy wants to sell it after a couple track days. I guess some people don't think they have the skill to maintain, the space to do so, or the budget to have someone else do it, and others by a car and "OSB".

But shoot, I wish this guy would just bring it out and race it.

High bid $8000. If this met the reserve (if there was a reserve) somebody got a good deal.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 860

My understanding from watching waaaaay too many auctions on BaT is that "Bid to $x,xxx" means did not meet reserve although the seller can contact the high bidder to negotiate.

When sold, they say "Sold for $x,xxx"

Older FCs don't get any love.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    My understanding from watching waaaaay too many auctions on BaT is that "Bid to $x,xxx" means did not meet reserve although the seller can contact the high bidder to negotiate.

When sold, they say "Sold for $x,xxx"

Older FCs don't get any love.
    Seller posted that the reserve was $15000.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 924

Mighty optimistic reserve IMHO. Get a VD for that.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    Mighty optimistic reserve IMHO. Get a VD for that.
    From the owner of the Swift SE.
    I was surprised that the bids did not go above $8K. Since I am 77 years old it is time to get out of this racing vintage cars. I have a Morgan I race in the big deal Rolex Monterey and an old Fiat 124 I run occasionally. But it is time to clean the garage.

I love driving the Swift but can only get away long enough on weekends for a track day for the car every now and then. I understand the VD is better car but there are quite a few Swift FCs out there and again to make it into a FF wold be easy. And if does have a trans that is probably worth 5-7000$

I am sure it is an excellent car....and it is very fast and reliable. And If I have to trip over it in the garage for a couple of more years no big deal.

Maybe the price is too high but I will consider offers or even trade for a good street sports car like a TR6 or 250TR.
    Ronlotus

Liked: 1

Dear Mr. Lotus, (how often do you get to type that..?)

Saw it on BaT and here, but wasn't in a position to bid or make an offer...

Now, I think I might be.

Is it still for sale..?

Thread Information