Liked: 324

Default Indy Brickyard Invitational Reunion Race question...

For all of those who raced this event, did any of you get the $100 race fee returned to you? I ask because I didn't and when I asked about it the response was that Tony personally gave checks out at the podium. It was implied in an email chain with them that it is now a credit for future events.

In my case I also overpaid for the weekend, and am trying to get a resolution on that as well. When I registered many months ago, I read the fees as
    1) Sprint Race Weekend (standard race fee)
    2) Formula Ford Reunion Race (feature race on Sunday - additional to the weekend rate)
    3) Wednesday Practice Day (extra fee)

The website wasn't as clear as it could have been and I incorrectly thought that the single Sunday race was a special event on its own and the fee would be returned upon taking the 'green' in that race. I met up with Tony at the event who let me know I overpaid and that the race weekend for a Formula Ford driver should have only been $100 + the practice day, and that the $100 would be refunded to all who race on Sunday. He said to contact them later and get the Sprint Race overcharge returned.

Well, I have gone around a few times with SVRA and it appears that the mistake I made on the registration will not be refunded to my Visa, but will be 'credited to my account for future race events' because it has been too long. I have to say that I'm not too impressed with that response, and another driver I went out with had his registration corrected immediately upon submitting it.

SVRA doesn't have many events that are local to me, and the only one is Portland next July and it doesn't cost anywhere near what the Indy event credit is. I have also looked at my account online and I don't see any place in my account that indicates credits, so I have no confirmation that I in fact have a credit or when this credit expires...

Don't get me wrong, I really had a great time and the SVRA people know how to treat the drivers at the event. I do want to thank Tony for his work at getting the costs down and is very easy to talk with. The original fees I paid I thought were in line as to how much I should have expected to pay, I would like to get the funds back now that I know I overpaid so I can use them towards the local events this season.

I'm trying to get some additional info from other racers before I talk to them again so,
    did anyone get a Reunion Race refund?
    Did you overpay like I did? If so, did you get it solved?
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Liked: 1119

I did not overpay. Never saw the $100 refund, though.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 208

It was my understanding that the $100 would be refunded after taking the GREEN on Sunday. Actually, I completely forgot about the refund unitil you brought it up.
    Ralph Z
    1968 Alexis Mk14 Formula Ford

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 502

Unreal.
    Free racing at Indy and you're complaining about a hundred bucks being credit, instead of cash.
    Wow, just wow. Did ya not get your participation trophies in the mail yet?

Guess 100.00 for a garage was too much too for all you pros?

Liked: 324

no, I'm not complaining about the $100 credit (I expected that would be the way they would handle the 'free' racing), what I am complaining about is my OTHER $750 that should NEVER have been charged to me. This was an error that was caught by SVRA with other entrants and not in my case.

Either way, if you don't get it back - it isn't "free" racing.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Liked: 502

Quote Originally Posted by scorp997 View Post
    no, I'm not complaining about the $100 credit (I expected that would be the way they would handle the 'free' racing), what I am complaining about is my OTHER $750 that should NEVER have been charged to me. This was an error that was caught by SVRA with other entrants and not in my case.

Either way, if you don't get it back - it isn't "free" racing.
    Waaaaah.
    Tell VISA services not rendered, you sound like a girl here

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 261

Nope. Understand your issue. For me it’s a donation well worth the experience, even though I didn’t even finish practice #1

9. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 1119

A $125 credit just came through on my card.

Edit: Oops, that was a refund from VSCDA...

Still not inclined to get too worked up about my unintentional $100 donation to SVRA.
    Last edited by TimH; 09.07.19 at 3:12 PM.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Thread Information