Liked: 7

Default Dennis Ferrara

Last night, we lost our dear friend Dennis Ferrara who had been diagnosised with prostate cancer in the fall of 2015. Many medical interventions followed and he lost the battle last night.
    Dennis and I briefly crossed paths in the late 80's, but met again in July 2013 at Roebling and bonded instantly. Over the last six short years, Dennis and Sue and my wife Kim and I became very close friends.
    Dennis racing background covered early Sports Renault and quickly into Atlantics and several years in Pro while he lived in N.Y. He and Sue moved to central Florida about 10+ years ago and he returned to open wheel in FM, and FE. He was able to get a few race weekends in post diagnosis and never lost his sense of humor or his fight to beat this cruel disease.
    I know there are some good stories to be shared, like his black Atlantic that returned from a "free" PPG paint job in teal / white / magenta. I later understood why he busted my chops so badly over my history of turquoise formula and touring cars.

Our thoughts and prayers to Sue and Bella, and all his family. God speed my friend. We will miss you dearly.

Den and Sue as we relaxed in Pigeon Forge / OCT 2016.

Dennis at RRR July 2016, competed in his FE that weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joe Henslee; 07.06.19 at 9:23 PM.

Liked: 1121

I don't know him though his name is familiar.

Matters not, one human to another, Thank You for honoring your friend.

RIP.

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

What a shame. I hadn't talked to Dennis in a lot of years. I'm sorry to hear he passed. He drove a hard bargain when he sold me the "free paint job car"
    Man......he was pissed about that deal and I think that's why he ended up giving me a great deal on the car. I think he couldn't stand looking at it anymore. I loved the paint and the chick's loved it even more. Lot's of good times in and around that car!
    This pic is going into T1 at the 93 Runoffs in Atlanta 2 weeks after I bought the car.
    Godspeed Dennis.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 0

I worked for Dennis years ago in NY. I was watching something on Motor Trend not long ago that reminded me of his racing days that he spoke of often (he had stopped racing shortly before I met him). My father had known Dennis for a while and introduced me to him in ‘94 if I remember right.
    I did a search and was saddened to find out this news. Dennis taught me a lot in the years I worked with him, but we lost touch many years ago. I’m happy to hear he was able to get back into racing again before things took an unfortunate turn.
    My condolences go out to all his family and friends.

Thread Information