Liked: 1880

Default Wheel studs for a Z16

Anyone know a source for studs like the one pictured?

7/16s-20 at the long end, 12mm - 1.5 at the other, and 1/2" barrel in the middle. 2 inches long.

Have to replace 4 on a customers rear upright that I just rebuilt.

Liked: 96

They look like they were single pointed and not rolled thread. Just a thought.

john f

Liked: 324

Can you just change them all to 12mm? That way you can use good quality studs. Unless the wheels are Revolutions, it would be a simple matter of changing the lugnuts
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Liked: 1880

Yes, I could probably change them all, but getting them out of the hubs is damned near impossible without damaging the hub - the 12mm threads were apparently made oversized a bit to be an hard interference fit into the hub, and on one hub ( one that has been replaced with a new one) to get them out, I'll have to mill away the hub around the threads - not something that I want to do on all 4 hubs, nor would he like the extra expense.

Liked: 955

Hello Richard,

Have you looked at Dorman Products? They show having double ended studs in their automotive catalog similar to what you are looking for.
    https://www.dormanproducts.com/pages...px?origin=menu

The other source is Prestige Wheel. When the threads in the rear hubs in my Z-10 were worn out, I replaced them with double ended studs. I also bought some 60 deg wheel inserts, then had my revolution wheels counterbored and installed them. Worked great using standard 12mm nuts.

http://www.prestigewheel.com/Image2800.asp

Thanks so much for all of your help when I restored my Zink.

Regards,
    Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Thread Information