Thread: Lola t560 fa

Vancouver at heart but Adelaide is where you'll find me
    Liked: 16

For Sale Lola t560 fa

This car (HU12) was bought by the late Craig Hill in Canada for the 1976 FA series from Carl Hass the USA Lola agent. The car was originally a T460 as raced in 1976 then sold back to Hass at the end of 76 when it was converted to a T560 by Hass using the factory Lola upgrade before being sold for use in the SCCA FA series. The car was imported into Australia from Texas in 2007 and completely rebuilt before running in the Historic series throughout Australia. The car has been maintained to the highest standard ready to race as it sits now. This car has never DNF ed since our ownership. The car comes with the original car cover as supplied from Lola, a binder full of information, 12 original wheels, spare painted nose, nose mold, spliter mold, nose frame, bearings, ignition parts etc.............................
    The car is liveried as it's first race in 1976 and of course has the FT200 Cosworth BDD drive. Belts are Willans Hans type new this year never used. The car is very original although many components have been replaced over time which have been made in keeping with the original design using superiour materials and techneques. The original tub comes with the car showing no previous damage
    We can assist with any shipping requirements or could even arrange to freight the car to any of the Australian Historic races where we could run the car for you. $64000

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 674

Arguably, the sharpest FB on the planet. Simply beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    This car (HU12) was bought by the late Craig Hill in Canada for the 1976 FA series from Carl Hass the USA Lola agent. The car was originally a T460 as raced in 1976 then sold back to Hass at the end of 76 when it was converted to a T560 by Hass using the factory Lola upgrade before being sold for use in the SCCA FA series. The car was imported into Australia from Texas in 2007 and completely rebuilt before running in the Historic series throughout Australia. The car has been maintained to the highest standard ready to race as it sits now. This car has never DNF ed since our ownership. The car comes with the original car cover as supplied from Lola, a binder full of information, 12 original wheels, spare painted nose, nose mold, spliter mold, nose frame, bearings, ignition parts etc.............................
    The car is liveried as it's first race in 1976 and of course has the FT200 Cosworth BDD drive. Belts are Willans Hans type new this year never used. The car is very original although many components have been replaced over time which have been made in keeping with the original design using superiour materials and techneques. The original tub comes with the car showing no previous damage
    We can assist with any shipping requirements or could even arrange to freight the car to any of the Australian Historic races where we could run the car for you. $64000

Contributing Member
    Liked: 18

Default Klausler driven?

Was this Klausler's car at some point?

When I bought this car from Mike Finch in Texas we researched the history through various sources to conclude it was originally sold by
    Carl Hass to Craig Hill
    Craig Hill to Carl Hass (CH upgraded this from the 460 to the T560)
    Carl Hass to Robert Lybarger
    Robert Lybarger to Ed Midgley
    Ed Midgley to Mark Barr (believe this to be indirectly)
    Mark Barr to current owner in Australia

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]

Liked: 3

Default T460 to T 560 upgrades

What were the upgrades to convert from 460 to 560??

Mike Summers

The T560 has wider front and rear track, so the Lola upgrade parts were,
    Front
    longer top A arm
    longer bottom A arm with redesigned shock pick up
    New steel shock mount on tub
    longer anti roll bar
    Rear
    Longer top and bottom links
    New design of transverse shock mount, fixed to gearbox ears with additional left and right droppers to adaptor plate

I believe this is it, not sure how many customers had the upgrade but I do know only 1 T560 left the Lola factory. Unfortunately the March 76A was the car to have in 1976 so Lola really dropped out of open wheelers to put all their effort into sportscars where their main successes lay.
    Last edited by nomis; 12.14.17 at 1:59 AM.

Liked: 44

Default Lola T360,460 and the 560

Sorry, can't help chime in on the car. I owned the Penthouse Lola T360, formerly, Elliot Forbes Robinson car, in 1976. I just want to say this 560 and the other 460's and 360's out there were some of the most beautiful car built.... this car is a prime example... awesome.

John

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 421

Just to keep the record straight - Lola made a later atlantic - the T760. I believe two were made.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Default Yes

That is the car I owned and raced. Bought from Bill Scott Racing....

Default Wish

I wish I could find it. It was HU11 Lola T360... last heard of in upper New York state...circa 1985

Lola T760 and other FA cars that followed the T560 and including the T560 (see Lola Heritage for complete list)(http://www.lolaheritage.co.uk/index.htm) where generally not at the front of the Pro FA CASC series or they where used in lower tier FA series. The March was really the car to have from 1976 on, having said that there where plenty of customers that had committed to buying the Lola in 76. Certainly in 1977 the Lola was truly beaten by the March. http://www.oldracingcars.com/atlantic/canada/1976/
    So I am not beating down the Lola, this is a fantastic looking and great car to drive. At this time driving these cars in Vintage/Historic events it is about the history of the cars and presentation of the history. It's also really good to be able to beat cars 10 years newer !!
    There are a few really good Historic races in Australia one being Phillip Island in March 2018 one week before the F1 where there will be a grid of 30 cars to race. I have offered to transport and run this car for the buyer at this event or others ?????? In fact you could store it here for use on an annual basis ?????????? Pictures from 2012 car #27 red/white before livery change
    http://www.sdpics.com/cgi-bin/e-stor...rts_and_Racing
    http://www.sdpics.com/cgi-bin/e-stor...ng_and_Invited

Liked: 143

The T460 was competitive in 1976 when it was new - from memory it came 1st in the UK series and 2nd in the US/Canada series. Unfortunately for Lola's reputation a certain Gilles Villeneuve was driving a March - and winning - so everyone else thought they needed one as well. The March may have been a better car but probably not as much better as we now assume. As the season progressed with more teams and drivers changing from Lola to March and funding more development its winning ability did progress. And into 1977.

Bob Marston (Lola Chief Engineer) openly admitted to us after his retirement that Atlantics were not their first priority at that time. And believe or not they never even tested the car on US tires before starting the 1976 season.

As Simon says the T460 and T560 are great cars for vintage racing. I had a pro-driver from the pro-Atlantic series drive mine at Watkins Glen a few years ago when we still had a good F2/Atlantic group active. In his only track session in my car he was within 1-1/2 secs of the other ex-pro-Atlantic drivers in other cars, including more modern Ralts etc.

Any such vintage car can be competitive in vintage racing. There were no "bad" ones. All of them were and still are far more capable than any production based racecar.

Oh - my pro-driver's final comment, with a big smile, was "It's not your car stopping you from winning - it's your driver". Me.

Liked: 80

here in north america it was tom klausler who had the best results with the 460.

there was no other driver who wrung more out of the 460 than tk..

he was a special diver, a fact noted by gilles himself in an interview some years later with nigel roebuck iirc.

tk had a deal with haas so he never did get his hands on a march.

atlantic history here would quite likely been a bit different if he had.

this snap is rather illustrative of my point......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/466819...7623186773769/
    Last edited by marc sproule; 12.21.17 at 2:54 AM.

18. The following 2 users liked this post:

The T460 was a good car and yes Bertil Roos did finish second in 1976 series but only drove the T460 the first 3 races of the season before moving to the Ralt. Tom Klausler was really the stand out T460 driver out Qualifying and finishing the other T460 drivers. To say the Lola was not as good as the March is really not correct, what I am saying is the winning car is always the car to have. So the March was the one to have in 1976 and this continued until the RT4 came to fruition, then the Swift and so on. This happens in all open manufacture categories, the winning car is always the car to have. Just look at FF
    I spoke with the late Craig Hill and liaised through the livery change with him before he passed. His comment on the 460 was it pushed and oversteered without any option of mechanically adjusting to balance the car. Craig sold the car to Carl Haas to buy the Ralt in 1976 halfway through the season.
    So now these cars are historic the game plan changes, history, presentation and comradery between competitors become the winning formula.
    This car is a pleasure to drive, really exciting, well balanced and looks fantastic !

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Lola T560 FA

Lola T560 still for sale

Liked: 0

Is this car still for sale ?

still up for sale

Thread Information