For Sale Coello Racing Van Diemen RF-01

Car make: Van Diemen
    Car model: RF-01 Pinto Power
    Car year: 2001
    Class: FC
    Condition: Excellent
    Roller or turnkey: Turnkey

History:

I purchased this car from P1 Motorsports in 2003. Since then, it has been completely rebuilt twice until its last race in 2010. It still holds track records at a number of tracks, as well as (6) consecutive Runoffs Pole positions, (4) Runoffs Wins, (3) Triple Crowns, Multiple June Sprints wins, and a F2000 Championship race win. It does have a crack in the upper right engine mount; however, it has been there for all of its success.

Features, specs, options:

• Full season on Elite Pinto Engine
    • Fully prepared transmission from Williams Racing Development
    • Penske shocks built by Jeff Braun
    • 6 sets of Mag wheels
    • Micron data system
    • Gears and setup as-is from 2010 Runoffs at RA
    • Gel battery

Car is set up with the KISS method - there is no radio wiring, adjustable sway bars, or shock sensors. It was always very simple, including the data system, temps, wheel speed and oil pressure only.

Too many spares to list. After the first complete rebuild by JDC Motorsports, we ran the car for a season and then completely rebuilt the car again, including uprights, suspension, shocks, wings, sidepod tops and floors, radiators, starter, diffuser, exhaust bellcranks, sway bars, etc. What you basically have is a complete one season old car (less frame, engine and transmission) ready to bolt right up as all the holes are drilled and aligned, and the suspension is all set. For example, If you took out a corner and replaced it with the supplied spares, it would take less than 5 minutes on the scales to be all set up. That goes for sidepod floors, diffuser, etc.

Car also includes car cover, gear sets and spring sets. All wings and diffusers are Pennon, including the assortment of wings that made up my high downforce setup from Topeka. Basically, you're getting everything I have for this car.

The trailer and support equipment is also available - start your vintage team now!

Asking price: $32,900.00
    Contact ApexSpeed username: ncoello
    Car/Contact location: Waukesha, WI
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ApexSpeed; 06.26.19 at 9:26 AM.

The user account ApexSpeed is acting as a posting agent for the seller and is not selling any items through this website. Please do not contact this user account (ApexSpeed) for information about any listed classified. Use contact information found in ad for all correspondence. Listing accuracy and sales dealings are not the responsibility of the posting agent (ApexSpeed) or the site's owners. As with any online classified dealings, ALL responsibility lies with the seller and the buyer. Buyer beware.

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 6

Default Parts and parts

Car comes with everything I have from my FC days. This is includes every piece and part I have for LD200, Pinto, and Van Dieman. Gear sets are like new REM polished sets. Coils, starters, tripods, rotors, brake pads.... It is insane how may little pieces and parts I have acquired over the years. Engine crate, stands, engine covers, alignment bars, rear wing jacks, front lift, shock covers, set of matching penske shocks. All the junk was disposed of long ago, new or slightly used parts only.

If someone had the time to sell the stuff individually it would probably pay for the car. If interested i can get more detailed with what I all have.

Thanks,
    Nick Coello
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 1417

I can't believe this car is still for sale. Historically the fastest Pinto in FC for years. If I was inclined to go back to FC, this would be the car I would buy.

Contributing Member

Default New Price

New Price!
    I can split the car from the parts if someone is interested in just the car. Excepting offers and maybe even a street car trade.
    I know it probably has more sentimental value than anything however, it really is a beautiful car! Like I said, the parts are all lightly used or new and there is enough to rebuild the entire car, bell cranks to bearings.
    Thanks,
    Niki Coello

Liked: 14

Default Pm sent

Would like to discuss the car with. I sent you a private message with my contact details

Contributing Member

Default Sold

The car is going to a loving home in Texas.
    Thank you ApexSpeed!

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information