Liked: 91

Default Off The Pace Podcast

Hey Folks. I figured this was the best area to post this.

Chris Scharnow and I have started a podcast. This podcast is aiming to be a fun, funny, mildly informative recap and discussion of open-wheel, and sportscar racing. If you don’t have a sense of humor, it’s probably not for you. If dumb jokes aren’t your thing, look elsewhere. If you want to actually know what happened during the race, that’s your problem buddy. This ain’t your podcast.

If you want a weekly update of whether or not Marco Andretti got a Top 15. We’re your guys.

If you don’t know what Veach’s sponsor actually does? Look no further.

If you want to hear dumb Italian Ferrari stratigist impressions? Well buddy, you’ve come to the right place!

Also included, but not limited to:
    -Making fun of Cooper Macneil and other ride buying wankers
    -Collusion within IMSA
    -Things we wish were things, but aren’t things, but could be a thing!

If you have a commute, office job, roadtrip, or just love hearing one washed up racer talk to another never was racer about what we watched the past weekend, subscribe to this damn thing.

Available on iTunes, Spotify, and wherever else you get your podcasts. If you have a Samsung, I don’t know where you can listen and we’d probably rather you not, because you’re odd. Just get an iPhone, it’s 2019.

Give us a chance, or don’t. Also, save the “We’ve been listening to Cole run his mouth for years now, why would I want to hear more?!?!” because that is some low hanging fruit and you’re better than that. Except you Purple Frog. That joke is right in your wheelhouse.

https://www.offthepace.buzzsprout.com

Search: “Off The Pace Podcast” on iTunes, Spotify, or Google Play.

If you have comments or criticism, be sure to post it here, or email Chris directly at chris1442@aol.com

My co-host still uses AOL. I’m so close to a mid-life crisis it’s not even funny.
    Last edited by Cole Morgan; 06.12.19 at 10:12 PM.

2. The following 9 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1908

Thank God for my S5 !
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3787

Apple snapple.
    Android for me. You have probably wasted many possible racing dollars updating your i dealybob every year; while I'm still screaming along with my S3 Galaxy.

And there goes your chances of getting a 7 page foldout Weathertech ad...

Liked: 91

Frog you know I never paid/pay for my own racing.

Also, I was ruled out for the WeatherTech deals the day my dad didn’t start the company.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 375

Don't listen to Cole, all phones matter.

Seriously though, remember when sex was dangerous and Apexspeed was fun to read? That's what we're trying to get back to.

And give us feedback. At least one of us is open to it.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1124

Cole and Chris, Yous Guys are awesome. Change nothing.

What a breath of fresh exhaust. The Horror, maybe people actually can have flaws and smile more.

Good stuff. This could and really should go somewhere...
    Last edited by E1pix; 06.13.19 at 2:13 PM.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Apple snapple.
    Android for me. You have probably wasted many possible racing dollars updating your i dealybob every year; while I'm still screaming along with my S3 Galaxy.....
    Ditto PF! My Note 3 just got replaced by a Note 9! See how much Apple slows down your i-doohickie in 6 years!

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    ...What a breath of fresh exhaust......
    Sounds like you were too close to Jim....

Anyways, guess I'll get a Spotify account anyway, despite being an unwelcomed Samsung owner!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 1124

I was able to listen using the first available button... and have no aftermarket apps.

...but am just Geek enough to have an iPhone. I only sleep in knowing it's a 2013.

My unwavering brill comes into play in never updating anything — except right after purchase. I ain't playin' no GeekGames.

Holys Grits...

Now I know who Chris is. The Daytona Runoffs pinto pilot! I couldn't put together cmschar with the (polar opposite of Cole) podcast broadcaster.

Chris when you need more ammo to calm Cole down... just call. I have scars i can show you.

Liked: 375

Yeah, my Apex name is a bit incognito. I’ve tried changing it but for the life of me I can’t figure out how. I’m technical enough to somehow record, edit, and produce a podcast but changing my screen name on an online message board is apparently above my pay grade.

For those with non-Apple phones, or those who don’t want to download any apps, just go to the site and click play. It is quite simple. Again, don’t listen to Cole.

http://www.offthepace.buzzsprout.com

(no one told me that two weeks ago, i posted the following in the wrong thread. )

I had a bit of time recently to listen to the podcast about the 103rd running of the Indy 500.

Cole has been bumping into me (literally) at racing venues around North America since before my hair was gray. In many circumstances I find myself laughing at his comments when the angel on my shoulder is yelling in my ear that i shouldn't be laughing at those irreverent comments.

That said, I found Cole's remarks concerning the Indy 500 to be some of the best to which I listened. His summation statements
    "Indy is not funny" actually expressed the depth of seriousness that the participants invest in the sport. It is not often that a commentator comes across as really being able to express a racer's thoughts that other racers can relate to. Sam Posey is one commentator that comes to mind.

I think the "Indy is not funny" segment to be a quality piece of work. And to have put it together on the fly, minutes after the race says much to the depth of thought previously invested even before the actual event.

But... Cole... Chris is correct... you still are a dick.

Thread Information