Liked: 36

For Sale 2004 Van Diemen RF-02

Retirement Sale:

2004 VD RF-02. Chassis was re-jigged by Pat Prince at the end of 2012. No chassis impacts since then (two corners taken off, but nothing impacting the chassis).

Been running the last several years with the FRP Formula 2000 Championship Series.

Strong Quicksilver Zetec, freshened July 2017.

Dynamic Dampers (3-way), serviced by ANZE.

PE3 ECU, with new chassis and engine harnesses 8 events ago. (Performance Electronics is great to work with. Their staff is always ready to assist no matter what the question. Great to have this sort of support at the ready.)

Front and rear brake pressure sensors.

Steering sensor.

LD200 gearbox by WRD, and has their specially developed drive shaft bearings and easy side case removal.

AIM EVO4 with AIM Formula Steering Wheel.

Total of three sets of wheels: two with slicks, one with rains.

Wired for radio.

Radio PTT button in integrated in the FSW.

Fuel injectors serviced one race weekend ago. Second set of freshly serviced injectors included.

Front winglet quick adjusters.

Total of 13 pairs of chassis springs included. (These springs have been retested and logged.)

Car with above, $32K.

Also available is our 2005 Thule 16' all aluminum trailer. This trailer has been stored indoors.

Has a table top in front V, with winch for loading/unloading a car.

Overhead and under table top storage.

Interior lighting both overhead and rear facing.

Aluminum diamond plate floor.

Interior roof vent.

Siding finished interior.

Two wall mounted tire racks (each stores a set plus a rear).

Ramp extensions attached to ramp door.

Comes with weight distribution kit. (Not really for the weight of the trailer, but more as an anti-sway device. Trailer tows very well).

Also included a set of four floor dollies to permit the rolling around of the trailer, as well as two jack stands for support while at the race tracks.

Trailer with above, $6K.

Please call or email with questions.

John D'Addario
    johnvdadd@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 94

Very nice car and worth the money. Plus, there are no nicer people in the paddock than John and Davy. GLWS.
    Matt Rehm
    1997 Citation FV #10
    1997 Citation FV #16

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 96

Nooo! Say it isn't so! (I know, life goes on and the driver will soon have important new demands of his time)
    These are two of the nicest people in the paddock and they do a great job as a family team. This is FRP's loss...

If I was to buy it, I would want a package deal that includes the chief mechanic/engineer...
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default Update

Updating the post.

The trailer has been spoken for. So for the time being we should consider it gone.

Thanks Matt and Barry for the kind words. If we couldn't beat folks with our driving and prep, we got them with our brilliant smiles and sparkling personalities.

About the performance of this car. We were a part-time team in the F2000 paddock. Our situation was such that we couldn't do any testing - given that Dave is in FL and we're up here in CT. So getting together for anything other than races wasn't in the cards.

The car is very well balanced and mannered. For the most part we arrived and unloaded and had little to do other than small changes. We did manage some top five finishes and we actually were leading the qualifying times (OK only for a few minutes), at SP last year and ended up just a couple of tenths behind pole.

So the car is very capable.

Kyle Connery owned this car before we took it over. He managed some impressive runs and that's why we bought the car to begin with.

Any questions, please get in touch with me by phone or email as I don't check in on the forum as often as I should.

John D.

8. The following 4 users liked this post:

Default Update

Just to answer a couple of questions that have been asked.

The belts expire at the end of this year. So they will need to be replaced. So this would need to happen before the car is raced. Other than the belts, the car will require only normal prep: change oil, inspect tripod inserts, setup and gear change. Since my son has asked that I hold on to the seat (maybe he's looking to change car chiefs?), a seat will need to be made/provided.

Some additional pics.

The front bars are driver adjustable. The connection to the PE3 ECU is on the left side of the engine bay (computer USB cable provided). The oil swirl pot is a Radon design. The rain light is almost blinding.

Thanks,

John D.

Attached Images Attached Images

10. The following 3 users liked this post:

We had a sale 'pending' on this car, but for some reason it doesn't appear that it will be materializing.

The car is available and ready for its new owner to do a minimal amount of work to campaign this really good car in Majors, or Pro series events.

"Ginger" really needs to be on the track this year. If you are thinking of racing in FC (F2000), we should be talking.

All the best,

John D.

johnvdadd@gmail.com

Sale pending.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Our beloved “Ginger” is leaving the family. She will be returning to FL where she will undergo a name change and campaign in a series based in the SE.

After 25 years of racing with our son we will find ourselves without a race car.

Life has a way of changing our visions of what we hold close.

Over the years I have been blessed to know some special people who have helped me and who have helped me with Dave’s cars.

First is my dear friend Joe Marcinski. If it wasn’t for Joe I’d have a decent retirement IRA.

Then that bombastic Round Mound of Sound Joe Stimola. As he did with so many he helped us with fundamentals and keep us focused especially when things didn’t go well. He was also quite slow to pick up the dinner bill.

Our very special friend Gibby Gibson. Gibby we think you quite often and thanks for your insights and advice.

A whole list of competitors including, Joe Parsons, Art Foster and our quasi teammate Steve Maxwell.

Over the past few years we have become close with the F2000 CS paddock.

A very special thanks to Bob Wright, John and Dave and of course Angelo.

This sounds like an Academy Awards speech, but it isn’t. We have been truly blessed to have met these folks and it is a sorrow to think of it in the past tense.

But it isn’t all in the past. Our son and his wife have a new son, Jenson. And we look forward to the memories and friends he will find.

Thanks to all,

John Di

Liked: 96

Congratulations Grandpa!

You made so many friends because you & Dave are so friendly yourselves.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 79

I can't wait until this car arrives tomorrow! I hope that I can drive it to at least 80% of its potential.

18. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Coury View Post
    I can't wait until this car arrives tomorrow! I hope that I can drive it to at least 80% of its potential.
    Man this looks like my old car - the one I sold to Kyle Connery. Do you happen to have the owner history on this?

Just curious....

Ron
    Ron

Liked: 79

Yep-same car!
    If things are on schedule, I will be laying my eyes on it for the first time around 10 or 11 PM tonight or tomorrow morning.

The first thing I am going to do is trim it in my late wife's favorite .color, and apply decals in her honor.

Going to try and win one for her!

QUOTE=Ron B.;579408]Man this looks like my old car - the one I sold to Kyle Connery. Do you happen to have the owner history on this?

Just curious....

Ron[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Bob Coury; 03.08.19 at 6:07 PM.

21. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 94

You won’t be disappointed. Good luck with it.
    Matt Rehm
    1997 Citation FV #10
    1997 Citation FV #16

Liked: 19

John

Enjoy the next adventure!

Please pass on my congrats to Dave!
    We'll be waiting to see the on-board kart videos when Jensen hits 5!

Matt

Thread Information