Liked: 227

Default Tim Lee (aka Trackside TIm)

I found out at the Atlanta Super Tour that Tim Lee (aka Trackside Tim) passed away in February. Very sad news. For those of you not from the Southeast, Tim's vendor trailers have been a fixture at Southeast races for many years. I first met him at Moroso around 2000.

Not only did Tim support the races, but also sold to racers through the tracksidetim.com web site. I am still enjoying a custom suite that he sold me in 2006 and last talked to him in January about re-webbing my safety belts.

Tim is survived by his wife Paula, who was also very involved in the Trackside Tim business.

Cory

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 433

That is no good at all. Super guy and super to deal with. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
    Graham

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Ditto and Ditto.
    I've only been racing in this area since 2006 but they were always there, lately just John in the trailer. Tim was always helpful on the phone and email and having them at the track saved me from having to go home a couple times when I forgot something or broke something.

RIP Tim
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

vaya ondios Tim

Liked: 3787

Probably everybody in the Southeast has a Tim Lee story.
    I first met him in 1999. Because he was always at the track I made an effort to support his business.
    Bought helmets, refreshed belts, etc., etc.

In 2005, after the Wednesday Runoffs debacle...
    After getting back from the hospital I went by Tim's to buy new gloves because mine were destroyed.
    When Tim heard that the Apexspeed population was trying to get us back into the show, he walked back into his trailer and came out with a purple drivers suit. He handed it to me. He mumbled some excuse that he made it as a display unit and that no one in their right mind was ever going to buy that color and that i might as well have it.
    One of my rare speechless moments.

We will miss him.

Liked: 1

Really hate to hear this. Always a great guy to deal with. All the positive accolades apply. He will definately be missed!

Thread Information