Liked: 0

The tentative 2003 CENDIV schedule has been out for a couple of weeks. While many traditional dates are unchanged, the calendar looks quite different than previous years.

No "perfect" EWC schedule is jumping off the page at me. The western half of the series is locked in: Blackhawk Valley Region's July double regional at (newly repaved) Blackhawk Farms and Chicago Region's August double regional at Road America. The eastern half of the series has a number of problems: conflicts with nationals, back-to-back weekends, track conditions, etc.

Because of rough tracks, IRP and Nelson Ledges are not under consideration. Waterford Hills is not suitable as an EWC venue: too tight and narrow for a big field of FF1600s. That leaves us Grattan, GingerMan, and Mid-Ohio to choose from.

Listed below are some alternative EWC schedules. Please don't just vote. Take a couple of minutes to explain why you like or dislike one or more of the alternatives. The better I understand what you want to see in the series the more effectively I can represent the EWC circus in discussions with regions, sponsors, etc.

Alternative #1

May 24-25 @ Grattan
    July 3-4 @ Blackhawk
    July 12-13 @ GingerMan
    August 16-17 @ Road America

Alternative #2

May 24-25 @ Grattan
    July 3-4 @ Blackhawk
    September 6-7 @ Mid-Ohio

Alternative #3

July 3-4 @ Blackhawk
    July 12-13 @ GingerMan
    August 30-31 @ Grattan

Alternative #4

July 3-4 @ Blackhawk
    August 2-3 @ Mid-Ohio
    August 30-31 @ Grattan

Alternative #5

May 24-25 @ Grattan
    July 3-4 @ Blackhawk
    August 2-3 @ Mid-Ohio

Alternative #6

July 3-4 @ Blackhawk
    July 12-13 @ GingerMan
    August 2-3 @ Mid-Ohio

I'm sure there are more permutations/combinations but you get the picture. The schedule is the single most difficult part of organizing the series. Looking forward to hearing from everybody.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 [email]thebeelers@peoplepc.com[/email]
    office: (313)390-1818 [email]sbeeler@ford.com[/email]

I have been receiving quite a few e-mails with suggestions/comments on the 2003 schedule. Many thanks to Marc Blanc, John Vlasis, Tom Christ, Bill Bonow, Jon Adams, David Klutsenbaker, Dan Faust, Craig Cunningham, Paul Reineck, Gary Godula, and Ray Boyer.

So far, there is consensus on avoiding back-to-back weekends and including Mid-Ohio on the schedule. Other considerations are to avoid conflicts with Nationals and to spread the races out as much as possible.

Fort Wayne Region (August 2-3) and Ohio Valley Region (September 6-7) are organizing races at Mid-Ohio that could fit into the EWC schedule. The selection will depend as much on which region wants to work with us as where they fall on the calendar. Because Mid-Ohio regionals are used by many to practice for the Runoffs, the car counts will already be up and we don't have much bargaining power. I'll contact the regions this week to see what kind of interest there is.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44

Sorry about being so slow to reply to your request, but here it finally is.I like schedules number 2 and 5 the best because the events are spread out rather evenly. I think you will get good car counts at Mid-Ohio, but maybe not much cooperation from the organizers. Good luck and thanks for your efforts

I have initiated discussions on EWC dates at Mid-Ohio with Fort Wayne Region (August 2-3) and Ohio Valley Region (September 6-7).

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44

Thread Information