Thread: 1972 Zink C4

Liked: 7

Default 1972 Hauser-Zink C4 - SOLD

1972 Hauser-Zink C4. It currently runs in the FV-2 class in RMVR due to the Zero-roll rear suspension and lack of fan. Fresh 1200 with one race weekend. SCCA, VARA, and RMVR logbooks. 2 spare sets of wheels and new American racer slicks with one race on them. 2018 annual tech completed. I just had the custom Roxanne header ceramic coated. 2 spare tail sections. Custom fuel cell. Fits wide shoulders.

SOLD

Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TigerBob; 12.08.18 at 7:58 PM.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

I also have the sister engine for this car that I swapped out for the current engine. It runs fine, it's just needs a refresh. I'll include it as well.

Price lowered to $5500.

Liked: 305

"
    1972 Hauser-Zink C4
    "

Just curious about your car. What does the "Hauser" mean? Either the Zink chassis has been modified or it is a modified copy of a Zink, maybe by Hauser?

Good looking car.

Hauser must be the person who constructed the frame. It has a lot of similarities to a Zink and has a Zink body but it is not a true Zink. It is a really well engineered car. Logbooks indicate it is a '72 but I don't have it's original logbook.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

" but it is not a true Zink "

I know the Zink pretty well. Looks like the lower frame rail is larger, the Zink had 1" sq tubing, and the steering roll hoop is round tubing. The rest looks very much the same. Both changes are probably an improvement, certainly the roll hoop.

There are a lot of similarities ( and improvements, in my opinion ) to a real Zink. I especially like how easily the entire engine and transaxle just slides back to make engine swaps simple ( like a Zink ).

10. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Liked: 0

Default Driver size?

Would a driver who is 6'1" and weighs about 200lbs. fit comfortably in this car? Thanks!

I'm close to 5-11 220 and I fit fine. It is really hard to know without 'trying it on'.

Quote Originally Posted by dellenwood View Post
    Would a driver who is 6'1" and weighs about 200lbs. fit comfortably in this car? Thanks!
    In the 70's I drove a Zink at 6'4" and about 210 pounds. Normal size distribution of leg length / torso. The Zink is fairly roomy once you get the pedal assembly all the way forward ( I had it a bit past the Zink max).

Liked: 0

Default Where are you?

It's a longshot, but where are you in CO? I'm going to be in NM for a week . . .

I'm in Longmont. About 45 min NW of DIA

I would be willing to deliver it within a reasonable distance.

Thread Information