Liked: 83

Default Mirror mount. Lesson learned.

I will need to post something I am giving away sometime soon, but right now I could use a mirror mount as depicted.
    Lesson learned - do not trust the black rubber shock fasteners/bungees. The one holding the fold up table inside the trailer just snapped (no deteriorating sunlight involved) and the table slammed onto the side of the Zink and snapped the mirror right off the mount. Mirror is fine, mount + three orphan pieces is not fine.

If you've got one, great! Happy to pay postage and see if I have something you need as well.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 168

Default just make one?

hate that when it happens...

Looks simple enough to just make one. Get a strip of steel for the base, add a nut, better yet a coupling (longer with thds, thru...make one if needed...), then braze or weld together...quicker than finding and getting another pot metal job mailed...expect it will last longer too....besides you do it while waiting, find/improve new skills!

Redo the trailer, too....

Bob L.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 238

Hi David,

Pretty sure I have one at the shop. I'll be there tomorow and if I do I'll send it out.

GG

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by DK540 View Post
    do not trust the black rubber bungees.
    Or as smart motorcyclists call them: "death chords".

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 238

Shoot me your address.
    I've got it.
    GG

Thread Information