Liked: 553

Default 2018 Petit LeMans

Who watched this year's finish and thought it was fantastic (besides me)?
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 120

Default Petit Le Mans

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    Who watched this year's finish and thought it was fantastic (besides me)?
    Sorry F1. You suck big time compared with this lot going at it for 10 hours on a proper track.

KR

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 553

There was an awful lot going on during that race. I was cheering for the #31 Whelen car, and the Corvette team, it looked like both of them were in big trouble with 10-15 minutes to go.

And who would've thought JPM would spin out on his own to take that Acura out of the race? Maybe something in the car broke.

And the Wayne Taylor Racing #10 going for so long in between victories? They were so dominate in past seasons.

I thought it was kinda cool to see Kevin Magnussen at the Rd Atl, cheering on dad.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 757

Magnussen (Jan) shook down the Panoz GTR1 on the Thursday and after a couple of install laps he was beaming, saying ‘this things a beast’ and that he’s glad he doesn’t have to drive it for a living anymore!

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 530

Not only did I watch it, I was there! Endurance racing show beats attending F1 hands down. Fan experience far better. I got my picture with Kevin Magnussen and spoke with him for a bit while hanging out in the Corvette Team tent (I’ve got good friends at Pratt & Miller).
    The sounds, the smells, the close racing.. The ups and downs, the you’re not out of it until it’s over, etc etc. Amazing 35 of 37 cars still running at the end and the top 5 were separated by what, a total of like 10 seconds or less until fuel issues on the last lap! Who else can put on a nail biter for 10 HOURS!!!

Liked: 995

IMSA has a very good product and despite the adversity to BOP it sees to have served them well. The small WEC spec prototypes have been very competitive with the DPI's in 2018 but will be split in 2019 so we will see what the DPI's can really do. Spectator access at IMSA events is second to none and for the most part the paddock is pretty relaxed as compared to others. If you haven't had the opportunity to take in Daytona or Sebring those are bucket list events IMHO. Sebring in 2019 will be particularly good as they will be running two races back to back. The traditional IMSA event backed up by the WEC event which will bring a good number of entries from overseas. (PS Nothing broke on JP's car, he just stuffed it)

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information