Liked: 79

Default FORZA and XBOX one

Looking for the knowledgeable people here to guide me. I want to set up a racing sim at home, but I do not think it cost effective to purchase a gaming computer-and I don't want to get carried away as it will get limited use. So-investigating and XBOX one to connect to my TV, and I see that there are at least 2 different flavors of XBOX Ones.

What are you all successfully using?

Thanks
    Bob

Liked: 212

I agree with you.. no reason to spend a bunch of dough for something I won't use much.

I had recently got a PS4 and play Project Cars and Assetto Corsa.

Many different cars and tracks including different open wheel cars that have similar characteristics to the real cars...

Currently I just use the hand controller that come with the game console.. at some point I will be get a steering wheel and pedals

For the money it's definitely worth it
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Liked: 447

Here's what I just searched for on a console site:

There are currently three different Xbox One models; the Xbox One, the One S, and the One X. The original Xbox One, though still available, is generally being phased out and replaced by the Xbox One S. The S is slightly smaller, has slightly quicker processing power, is capable of playing games in HDR and also offers 4K output for Blu-Ray films. The One X possesses greater graphical and processing capabilities, and is the top of the range model.

I would think it depends on the TV you have to see if you would notice any real difference (4K, OLED, etc..). If you must go with a console though, I would have to recommend Assetto Corsa over Forza. I would also recommend a real sim wheel over using a controller with something like a Playseat Challenge type of seat that can easily be stored away when not in use.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 0

We use a XBOX One X with Fanatech elite wheel and pedals. Forza and Project Cars have most of the big tracks and for open wheel have a few choices to get close to most cars. Love the setup and half the cost of a gaming computer.

Liked: 32

Default Forza & Xbox

Any xbox will work unless you have a 4k TV than you could upgrade to the higher models. I would recommend an xbox over a PS4 though because Forza is only available on xbox. Project cars is also available on xbox. Take it from an 18 year old.

Thread Information