Liked: 2

Default A2500 Hoosier Tire Repair

I seem to have a small hole in my tire from a small stone. Can A2500 Hoosiers be plugged or patched? Please Advise

Liked: 74

Yes. I picked up a nail at an event, somebody had a plug repair that got me through the event. After that, I put a typical patch on the inside and it was fine. I don't know if any business will do it for you, I mount my own....

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ott View Post
    Yes. I picked up a nail at an event, somebody had a plug repair that got me through the event. After that, I put a typical patch on the inside and it was fine. I don't know if any business will do it for you, I mount my own....

Barry
    Thanks. I don’t mount my own tires (yet). I will have the place who mounted them remove the tire and I will patch it and have them remount the tire.

Default Patch worked.

Just an update. The patched tire worked perfectly. The tire held pressure all weekend without issue. The trick, as I see it, was to scuff the inside of the tire very lightly, the kevlar cords are just under the surface of the interior rubber surface.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully this thread will help others.

Thread Information