Liked: 1

Default Trying to find info out about my "Movie Car"

Hi all, I come to you guys seeking help. Here's the story. I purchased a car (chassis) from a gentleman in Ontario, Canada. The story he was given by the widow he purchased it from years ago, is that it was one of 19 cars built to be stationary non driving cars for the movie Driven in 1991. Story goes they used 18/19, this one wasn't finished for production.

What I a trying to find out is, who built these cars. The actual cars for driven shots were built by RaceFab Inc. out of Texas. They did not however build the non-driving cars. Does anyone here happen to know anything about these cars? I am wanting to just finish it for a wall hanger. I am wanting to know who did the fiberglass etc. Any help would be great!!!! Thanks everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 910

Ah, Joe Tanto. Arguably the greatest racing driver of all time.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 482

Pretty cool.

1991 or 2001?

I'll ring up Sly and see if he can give me info... just... gotta find his number...

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 910

Quote Originally Posted by Pressure-Welder View Post
    Hi all, I come to you guys seeking help. Here's the story. I purchased a car (chassis) from a gentleman in Ontario, Canada. The story he was given by the widow he purchased it from years ago, is that it was one of 19 cars built to be stationary non driving cars for the movie Driven in 1991. Story goes they used 18/19, this one wasn't finished for production.

What I a trying to find out is, who built these cars. The actual cars for driven shots were built by RaceFab Inc. out of Texas. They did not however build the non-driving cars. Does anyone here happen to know anything about these cars? I am wanting to just finish it for a wall hanger. I am wanting to know who did the fiberglass etc. Any help would be great!!!! Thanks everyone!

Don't mind the gentle ribbing. I do not think that anybody is dissing your find.

It is simply that, if you trawl through forum archives you will find that Driven did not receive the same kind of love as did Le Mans, Grand Prix, or Rush.

Good luck with your research.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

Here is a picture of one of the stationary cars.
    https://gaborvajda.kinja.com/driven-...fil-1690103434

Seems they ran out of corrugated roofing from old sheds in rural Ontario to finish your car.

Liked: 1

Oh no I totally get it!! Please understand, I'm not trying to finish the car because it might have been in the movie, I just want it cause it will look cool on the wall of the shop!

7. The following members LIKED this post:

dc

Liked: 482

Quote Originally Posted by pressure-welder View Post
    oh no i totally get it!! Please understand, i'm not trying to finish the car because it might have been in the movie, i just want it cause it will look cool on the wall of the shop!
    definitely!

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1494

There was a driving experience at the Las Vegas oval that used tube frame cars with chevy 350 crate motors. The suspension was copied from Reynard in much more robust construction and the bodywork was Reynard as well. Might be the place to start.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 99

Try Can-Am motorsports in St Louis. They should be able to get you wheels, suspensions, tires to make it look like a car.

Liked: 63

Default movie car

What you have is not really a car but just supports to hold body work. By the 90's tube chassis for Indy cars had not been used for decades!...At that point you were dealing with carbon fiber tubs. What you have is body work that was splashed off of a car and a steel frame work to hold it for the shots they needed. Most likely used on a sound stage with a green screen.
    Could be a painted to your favorite car and make a great wall hanger for a Man cave.

Thread Information