Liked: 130

Default "PitProducts" cabinets for my trailer, yea or nay?

I'm outfitting my new 20' enclosed trailer with cabinets as I can't stand the clutter after 2 races any longer.
    I found these online but know nothing about them. Has anyone had any experience with these or know anything about them?
    I'm thinking a 6' unit next to a vertical across the front...

https://pitproducts.com/collections/...6-foot-trailer

https://pitproducts.com/collections/...t-wide-version

Any thoughts and opinions would be welcome, THX !!

Allan

Liked: 2

Default Pit box gear

Quote Originally Posted by Allan31 View Post
    I'm outfitting my new 20' enclosed trailer with cabinets as I can't stand the clutter after 2 races any longer.
    I found these online but know nothing about them. Has anyone had any experience with these or know anything about them?
    I'm thinking a 6' unit next to a vertical across the front...

https://pitproducts.com/collections/...6-foot-trailer

https://pitproducts.com/collections/...t-wide-version

Any thoughts and opinions would be welcome, THX !!

Allan
    You may try pit pal ask for there catalog www.pitpal.com. 888-748 7257

Sports Car International

Default Arrow Componets

We have a T and E Trailer with Arrow Componets
    Awnings, benches and Cabiners.

Website arrowawnings.com

Michial

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 961

One of my friends has the Arrow products in his 24' TPD trailer. Everything looks good and is really well made for a fair price.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1264

I'm slowly outfitting a trailer and I decided against PitProducts cabinets.
    Just don't like the diamond plate look.

Liked: 160

I currently have an older Gold Rush trailer with Arrows cabinets and awning. Top of the line stuff.

I installed CTECH cabinets in my last trailer. Almost as nice as the arrows. Shipped to my door, easy to install, light weight, tough powder coating, multiple colors available. I would use them again.

Cheers, Joe

Liked: 136

Before you start adding all these cabinets, calculate what your tongue weight is and might become. Depending on what you are using as a tow vehicle, you might run into a conflict. Tongue weight also needs to be a percentage of the total loaded weight.

I tow a 20 ft trailer with a Sprinter chassis RV. Hitch is rated for 5000/500#. Had to put the trailer on a diet and also redistribute the weight to get overall and tongue weight correct.

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 931

Pit Pal is generally regarded as top shelf. But you pay through the nose.

comments about adding weight are spot on as well.

Liked: 811

I've got the PitProducts you show in my trailer, upper and lower pair. Work just fine (how can they not??). Yeah, the treadplate is a little cliche, but the price difference to PitPal and Arrow and CTech makes the treadplate easy to ignore :-)

Default Thanks to everyone for helping out........

I think I'm going to not get the tall locker,(I hang my suit out to dry in the air) I will just get the 6' cabinets but get the corresponding overhead for addition storage. When do we ever have too much storage?

To address the weight concerns, I have an F-150 with the complete tow package rated at 13,500lbs so I can drag around pretty much anything I want! Last year I had a Jeep with the 5.7ltr engine and tow package rated at 10,000lbs and blew the tranny anyway.

Thanks again for all your input,

Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Allan31 View Post
    I had a Jeep... blew the tranny
    Sounds about right.

This place is awesome. Cheap and pretty. I have uppers and lowers from them.

http://www.midwestracecabinets.com/

Liked: 0

Another +1 for Arrow stuff. We have them in the trailers for work, and it's awesome. The flip benches are the best. Adding an extra set of mounting points on the outside of the trailer makes life a lot easier if you have an awning outside, and need a flat work area.

Liked: 79

I was sponsored by Pit Products for a couple years. They are comparable to Pit Pal, some things a little nicer, some not. They are now owned by the Johncock family in Michigan after the Orbitform Group sold them. As for the diamond plate, when Orbitform owned them you could order either smooth (brushed) aluminum finish or diamond plate. I would ask if this is still an option since to me the smooth finish looks better and is easier to clean.

Default I've heard nothing back from PitProducts.........

I filled out the communication form at the website and sent it off last week asking after some details on the cabinets and have heard nothing back so I guess someone else will get my money.
    Pit Pal, Pit Products and Pit Posse all seem to be the same product, are they? Made by the same people?
    If I could find the smooth aluminum finish, I think I would like that better.

My Lola T202

Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery...

Thread Information