Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tow Hooks

Liked: 2

Default Tow Hooks

Steve,

The toe hooks look great. But you might want to consider powder coating them red so they are more visible as tow hooks.

Chris
    Chris Doyle
    Surface Exploration Ltd - Rocky Mountain Division - CSR for Formula Enterprises/Enterprises SportsRacer - Shop 303.940.1500 - Fax 303.940.1509
    Elfwerx Engineering - Engineering & Design

Liked: 218

A couple of the orders that I have did request Safety Red, Orange or Yellow, so the next trip to the coaters I am having them coat them one of those colors.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 0

Hey Steve,
    Are you going to run any of the CenDiv Nationals this year?
    We will be at Gingerman the end of April.

Tom

Liked: 218

Tom, I don't think I'm going to make Gingerman (froze my butt off last time I went there in April). I will be at the two Blackhawk's and the two Road America's, plus the Regional at Road America the week before the Sprints and possibly the Chicken in August. It looks like the first run of hooks is spoken for, but my shop is doing the tooling to make a large quantity, so there will be many available then.

Steve
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 7

Default Tow hooks

Steve,
    I need to order a set of your tow hooks. I found that the standard front hooks won't let me take the front fenders off when I have the car in sport racer configuration.
    Jim
    (303) 499-5665 Vr0000m@aol.com

Liked: 77

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but it beats starting a new one.

I don't want to use the tow straps through the roll hoop as I will have cameras there that will get trashed if I do. Besides I'd prefer an actual tow hook up front. I can't seem to find this Update 21 that is mentioned in OP.

What is the preferred solution? I may have a good part in hand (below), but I'd like to know more. I am happy with my rear tow hook setup; it's just the front I need to address.

What tow hook is this? Is it front? How/Where does it mount? Any photos of one installed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by toolo4sno; 06.20.18 at 3:48 PM.

Liked: 14

Many of us have this. Was required when we had a pro series.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andrew M. Cross, Jr.

Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by toolo4sno View Post
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but it beats starting a new one.

not a tow hook, that is used on the rear right side of engine and is used as a lift point when pulling the engine out of the chassis

Quote Originally Posted by KAMcDonald View Post
    not a tow hook, that is used on the rear right side of engine and is used as a lift point when pulling the engine out of the chassis
    I probably wouldn't have guessed that part did that.

How does the "Pro Series" tow hook (WM134019A) work overall? Obviously it's hideous, but as far as functionality with minimal cutting it seems to be the ticket.

Liked: 14

Works quite well except sometimes the shock cover can get scratched if being pulled up hill or with a tow vehicle low to the ground. A shop towel wrapped around the hook usually protects the plastic.
    Andrew M. Cross, Jr.

I have the same tow hook as Andrew , it works great. I think Kevin at Comprent makes them. I think if you check the GCR front and rear tow hooks are mandatory. I used to have the strap coming from the roll hoop but it interferedd with my helmet when getting pull towed.

JR
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Read View Post
    I have the same tow hook as Andrew , it works great. I think Kevin at Comprent makes them. I think if you check the GCR front and rear tow hooks are mandatory. I used to have the strap coming from the roll hoop but it interferedd with my helmet when getting pull towed.

JR
    Where can I find this GCR? I assume it's a rule book of some kind. I see it mentioned in the forums, but haven't seen a link. I tried the SCCA site (https://www.scca-e.com/), but didn't see it.

Last edited by toolo4sno; 06.14.18 at 4:13 PM. Reason: Found it

Liked: 8

Look at scca.com, road racing, rules. Shows GCR. FE on page 287, or there about. I thought that the front tow hock was a mandatory spec part, but I do not see it in the FE rules.
    Peter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information