Liked: 482

Default 1994 Runoffs, results and/or photos?

I just realized my car (89/94 Citation FC) ran the 1994 Runoffs at MidOhio. Lewis Cooper Jr driving. I’d love to find results and a few pics of the car, even if just in the background. I think it was white at the time.

Anyone have pics of any results of FCs at the ‘94 runoffs or know a collection online anywhere?

Mr Lathrop also just informed me that he believes my car was severely wrecked by Ken Stivers in/around 1995... I’d love pics of that too. Logbooks don’t indicate it but there is a year+ gap where it didn’t run in ‘95-‘96 so that could be when it was rebuilt.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 953

Johnny Reisert (sp) owned your car befoe Chris Watson. He is on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    Johnny Reisert (sp) owned your car befoe Chris Watson. He is on this forum.
    I know... NR to a private mail I sent...

Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    I just realized my car (89/94 Citation FC) ran the 1994 Runoffs at MidOhio. Lewis Cooper Jr driving. I’d love to find results and a few pics of the car, even if just in the background. I think it was white at the time.
    Here is one I found...

Attached Images Attached Images

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Hey! Thanks! That is it. Apparently it was wrecked pretty severely a year or two after that.

Quote Originally Posted by rallaer View Post
    Here is one I found...

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 872

Default Runoffs Driver Histories

According tho this link:
    https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net...pdf?1433530586
    started 17th and finished 15th.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 1038

RIchard Pare might be able to elaborate on this.

Liked: 1941

That car war built up from Cooper's old frame and parts from the MSM shop as payment to Ken Stiver when he wanted to bail out of that business ( they folded shortly after that). That was in '95, if I remember correctly, though it might have been '96.

He wrecked it going off-track (Topeka?) and across a ditch that launched him into a series of endo's ( 4 or 5, according to the corner crew - there were 4 plugs of grass and dirt stuffed up the tailpipe)), finally landing on the other side of a retaining wall. The bodywork was shed in one piece on the second bounce, as well as his helmet. At the 3rd or 4th bounce off the nose, the lower rails between the dash hoop and the footbox bulkhead finally collapsed, allowing his leg (left?) to be broken. Ken says that he does not remember it, but after he finally landed and the workers got to him, he was cracking jokes about his ride!

Liked: 1941

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    According tho this link:
    https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net...pdf?1433530586
    started 17th and finished 15th.
    That list is incorrect in that it lists for the 1994 Runoffs that he used a "95SF", when in point of fact, his new '94 car was not finished in time ( only Weitzenhof's new '94 made it there that year), and wasn't finished until later that fall, with his first race in the '94 car being down in Florida.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 872

Quote Originally Posted by R. Pare View Post
    That list is incorrect in that it lists for the 1994 Runoffs that he used a "95SF", when in point of fact, his new '94 car was not finished in time ( only Weitzenhof's new '94 made it there that year), and wasn't finished until later that fall, with his first race in the '94 car being down in Florida.
    That list may have been from RunOffs entry lists, don't know. Just a google find....
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Thread Information