Liked: 180

Default June Sprints at Road America

Here is the current list of drivers in FC going to the June Sprints. At one time this race had over 60 FC cars and while we don't necessarily need those numbers we sure could use a few more. This is a great track and a fun weekend at a great race track. So dust off those cars and come out for some good racing. Currently we are grouped with FE and P2, but the good news is that FE will have a separate start so that should not mix the cars up at all. Plus with this being a 4 mile track there is always good racing.

Brian

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 218

I don't think I'll have my car ready for this one. I would eventually like to run RA, though.

Edit to add: Brian, thank you very much for your help this weekend as I learn this more modern chassis. You are a class act! I have some changes to make now...
    Last edited by MotorCade; 05.22.18 at 1:40 PM.
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Rental, Coaching, and Data Analysis for Great Lakes Region

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 110

Hopefully I'll be there in my new to me Van Dieman. Trying to do Gateway in a couple weeks for my first weekend in the car and then head to the Sprints. Beautiful drive up and always had a good time at Road America.

The Gateway event June 2/3 could also use some entries. Our friends in St Louis always put on a good event and treat people wonderful but are struggling a little bit with their racing program.

Would also like to say thank you to Brian for his help and answering all my questions to get my car up and running - it has been much appreciated.

6. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 998

I am trying to work it out to make the Sprints, but am unsure of scheduling at the moment. Thanks to Brian for pushing the entries, that is what is needed - especially at the Major's events given the new 4.0 rule. (FC was 4.2 when I saw the numbers in February).

It would be great if somehow FRP could combine one of their races with Sprints and perhaps another SCCA event to help drive up entries for both groups.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post
    It would be great if somehow FRP could combine one of their races with Sprints and perhaps another SCCA event to help drive up entries for both groups.
    Personally I think this is the way to move forward, the West Coast uses this model and seems to have great turn outs with reasonable costs. This also lends itself to helping the class stay relevant in the SCCA world were cars are bought and sold. Also on the west coast the numbers are solid so the run groups tend to be reasonable.

If we continue to ignore this problem of car counts either in Majors or Divisional there won't be an FC class much longer and If we loose relevance, car values will drop even further then they already are. Every zetec car listed at 45 -50k are not being purchased, they only get snagged up when the price is so ridiculously cheap that it would be stupid not to buy and that number tends to be around the 20-25k range.

Brian
    Last edited by BrianT1; 05.23.18 at 6:12 PM.

Liked: 998

Brian,

I agree completely. I am bothered by the new 4.0 rule for Runoffs in that it does not reflect regional participation which now is a pathway. Accordingly, these events somehow need to be staged in concert with Major's so that the entries contribute to the 4.0 calculation. There is another discussion that is off the rails on this topic so no need to repeat it here - this is apparently the new rule and we have to figure out how to make FC survive the cut.

John

Liked: 52

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post

The issue you will have with this is the fact that FRP allows F4 and MZR cars. You will have to either remove those cars from the FRP list or somehow figure out how to count FRP points when F4 and MZR cars have to run in a different class.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 865

FRP has incorporated the MZR F2000 into the class. The F4 does not compete or count for championship points- it is allowed to participate only for seat time and give the F4 drivers experience.

FRP has participated on SCCA weekends in the past, but generally buying time on the weekend, not integrated with club entry. A couple of thresholds that would have to be overcome include FRP's general need of 9 hrs of track time during the weekend for the three classes, a slightly different rules set, and finding an event that is compatible with our existing weekends both to dates and location.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

The entry is still the same. Any new takers, it looks like weather is going to be real nice in the midwest this year.

Brian

Liked: 3787

One of my most favorite events ever.
    Went to a gun fight carrying only a knife.
    Entered an '84 Reynard in the 2000 June Sprints.
    ~60 plus cars.
    I was a backmarker. Going up the hill for the green flag was such a sight of 25+ rows of cars ahead.
    Still very glad I did it, especially when it was a huge deal.
    I remember the hassle just to try to reserve a paddock spot.
    Good times!

In DaveW's home some of the most important trophies on display are those of FC wins at the "Sprints".
    In some ways thought to be more special than the Runoffs during that period.

15. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information