Thread: PFM for FS

Liked: 29

Default PFM for FS

If a guy wanted to run a PFM in FS, how hard is it to get more power out of the Genesis engine and will the gearbox handle it?
    Mike M.

Liked: 530

The Renesis engine is pretty efficient already, not going to get much more normally aspirated. I think trying to turbo a PFM would be a big project. These cars are already FA class in SCCA. A little behind Swift 014 or 016, but competitive at regional level and can beat Swift on good days, driver dependent.
    Rotary engines preclude usual hotrodding since there are no heads and you can’t change compression.
    Now if you wanted to add a 3rd or 4th rotar .... well that would be fun (and expensive!)

Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    The Renesis engine is pretty efficient already, not going to get much more normally aspirated. I think trying to turbo a PFM would be a big project. These cars are already FA class in SCCA. A little behind Swift 014 or 016, but competitive at regional level and can beat Swift on good days, driver dependent.
    Rotary engines preclude usual hotrodding since there are no heads and you can’t change compression.
    Now if you wanted to add a 3rd or 4th rotar .... well that would be fun (and expensive!)
    Thanks, that's the info I was looking for.
    Mike M.

Liked: 73

I am not sure how to reach him (I do not have his contact information). But Eddie Hill (yes the drag racing legend Eddie Hill) bought a PFM last season to run in the COMMA series at Hallett, OK. He has not been out yet this seasons, but the rumor mill is that he installed a turbo on his PFM for this season.

I race against him in my 1991 VD FC with a slightly modified Pinto . We were dead even down the short straights at Hallett.

At the last race of the season I heard him mention something about needing more power....

Not sure how you can contact him, but he is a super super nice guy and I am sure he would be willing to share what it took for him to install the turbo.

I will personally see what difference it makes at our next race on June 3rd. Have a feeling we may not be dead even on the straights any longer... Only thing I did to my engine over the winter was change oil/filter, check leak down, and adjust the valve lash. (oh and dang sure fogged the cylinders).

Aaron

PS: Eddie owns a motorcycle dealership in Texas. May be able to reach him that way.

Thread Information