Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default F1 Spanish GP : SPOILERS

Kudos to Max. A mature drive. A HUUUGE WHAT WAS THAT ??? To Grosjean ??? My vote for bone head move of the race, perhaps the season. And Lewis drove into another zip code. Lots of good racing throughout the field. And a BIG THANKS to another commercial free broadcast !!!
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 18

Default Spoiler F-1

I think Ricciardo made a point to Red Bull by setting those lap record laps that he was the faster driver. If he were ahead of Max V. could Red Bull have gotten 2 and 4th place points?

3. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 307

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Pug View Post
    I think Ricciardo made a point to Red Bull by setting those lap record laps that he was the faster driver. If he were ahead of Max V. could Red Bull have gotten 2 and 4th place points?
    Listened to Ricciardo's interview - he said his car was very difficult to drive and while he did set fastest lap, he wasn't able to get the car to be stable enough to set consistently fast laps. He stated about one out of five laps was 'right' - the other four would have the car sliding here or there and then losing a second or two. Ricciardio wasn't able to close on or challenge Vettel.

Liked: 852

Although I LOVE the commercial free aspect of the broadcasts, I find myself severely missing Will Buxton as I watch the sky group wander around the 'grid walk' with what appears to be a total LACK of .. ability to find someone to talk to. Will was ALWAYS able to spot the right person and get to them in a timely fashion while keeping up a nice discussion of what was going on in the world of F1. These 'sky guys' seem to be able to talk to THEMSELVES much more easily than anyone that actually matters. To me, they always seem to be desperately trying to think of something useful to say (with great failure).

At least, that's the way it appears to ME...

The race itself was pretty good .
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

6. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 384

Ferrari should have given Kimi new engine after smoke pouring in Qually.
    He got royally robbed again of good points.
    Typical Ferrari BS.
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member hdsporty1988's Avatar
    Liked: 193

Quote Originally Posted by Kazis31 View Post
    Ferrari should have given Kimi new engine after smoke pouring in Qually.
    He got royally robbed again of good points.
    Typical Ferrari BS.
    But with only 3 engines allowed for the entire season? I'm sure they evaluated it considering the tradeoffs.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Although I LOVE the commercial free aspect of the broadcasts, I find myself severely missing Will Buxton as I watch the sky group wander around the 'grid walk' with what appears to be a total LACK of .. ability to find someone to talk to. Will was ALWAYS able to spot the right person and get to them in a timely fashion while keeping up a nice discussion of what was going on in the world of F1. These 'sky guys' seem to be able to talk to THEMSELVES much more easily than anyone that actually matters. To me, they always seem to be desperately trying to think of something useful to say (with great failure).

At least, that's the way it appears to ME...

The race itself was pretty good .
    Minor point. Lots of pre-race and post race interviews with team managers. Also RB manager Chris talks live during both qualifying and race. Matchet, Hobbs, etc were never really at the race. They were in some dank studio in Hoboken, NJ commenting on delayed video. Sky is actually there and despite not having the best on-grid interviews their coverage is far better than what we had.

If you miss a nervous twit like Will, just dial up some old Monty Python videos, lots of incessant chatter similar to his to found there. LOL. But seriously, Will annoyed me and he annoyed most on the grid as well. Don't miss him or the others one bit.

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 307

I get the feeling that the Sky commentators are much too enamored with their own voices - nary a second can go by without some pedantic comment.

While Sky appears to have their in race 'IN' with Red Bull; just like NBCSN last year had their 'IN' with Zak Brown and McLaren.

So much fluff and no real insights from either.

Liked: 38

The one guy I still miss on the pregrid is Peter Windsor. He was the only reason I would watch the prerace coverage.

14. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 757

I think the best commentator team is on the UK channel 4 coverage. It’s a shame they’re not on the FIA live stream. Ben Edwards and David Coulthard are excellent as is Karun Chandhok in the pit lane.

Thread Information